Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's got the lurgy

Re: Who's got the lurgy

just getting rid of my latest lurgy

Angry Re: Who's got the lurgy

i've felt like death warmed up since monday ....... trained well for a few months to do well at winter hill and now it's all gone ti*s up!!!! recced the full course from start to finish a couple of weeks ago in 1hr 45mins and felt great and now I can't get up stairs........absolutely gutted, looks like Rob will win again!

I've been lurgy-free for over a week now - had it about 10 mins after posting on the 'who gets ill' thread and had 2 days off work, but my team leader has been off for a fortnight now and our superfit triathlete was also off back end of last week - we are all blaming it on the same female colleague *

* because she refused to go home early when full of lurgy the previous week

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Claw Lassalle View Post
    i've felt like death warmed up since monday ....... trained well for a few months to do well at winter hill and now it's all gone ti*s up!!!! recced the full course from start to finish a couple of weeks ago in 1hr 45mins and felt great and now I can't get up stairs........absolutely gutted, looks like Rob will win again!
    Nightmare

are you still going to run it?

It's looking doubtful Hopey...... I've done races when ill in a previous cycling life and then took months for it to clear fully ( even to the point of training when being sick with blood in it....not nice ) It's taken many years but i now listen to my body a little more.. I'll try to enjoy watching it!!!!!!!

Yes i've been full of it now for about a week and a half hoping to be rid of it by the start of next week

mine has almost gone but i ain't training till friday as i still have a bit of a cough.
    really struggled last tuesday and wednesday coughing blood up, felt really drained and dizzyness managed to get sent home last wednesday , they didint belive i was il..
    strange how 8 memebers of staff have been off sick this week..

don't know what's wrong with em wimps

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Claw Lassalle View Post
    It's looking doubtful Hopey...... I've done races when ill in a previous cycling life and then took months for it to clear fully ( even to the point of training when being sick with blood in it....not nice ) It's taken many years but i now listen to my body a little more.. I'll try to enjoy watching it!!!!!!!
    Sorry to hear that you won't be running it after the training you've been doing for it. I was asking Ian Smith the other week after I saw you running past the mast the other week.

I'm still hoping that I'll be able to, I think I've got away with it lightly. It started Wednesday morning and it's starting to ease up now. I'm just going to rest now until Sunday.

Wink Re: Who's got the lurgy

I've been off work with the Flu - an i'm only down the road from the place where they've been burning them "Bootiful" Turkeys! Luckily i got ill before all that stuff came out - although i hear theyre ok to eat if they're well done ...thinking might pop up see if any "well done" scraps are left for't nippers school butties!

Don't be coming anywhere near Carlisle you lot.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk