Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who's got the lurgy

Re: Who's got the lurgy

I've just stopped feeling bad myself, it was a very weird little cold that, with loads of stiffness, did the northerners have any stiffness, aches and such like with their lurgy? So far 7 days off running, but went for a long (3 and a half hour) hike today and feel a bit stiff again.... Will have a club run on Tuesday and get back into it... The worst thing was missing all the snow in Malvern though

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    did the northerners have any stiffness, aches and such like with their lurgy?
    As I posted above, I've had loads of post-lurgy stiffness. Did a X country yesterday and felt like I was wading through treacle (and I don't mean it was deep mud!)

david

I knew it was a mistake to look at this thread . I don't know whether these are the common symptoms but I've got a headache, aching jaw, stiff neck and stiff back today and generally feel crap. My 8 miler this morning felt like hard work.

after blackburn 10k yesterday it felt like somone had stuck a knfe back in me lungs and was twisting it around.. may explain why i felt like i was coughing blood up again..

.. and no i ain't going to the doctors he will only give me some pills and tell me to stop running and take a few weeks off work..

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    after blackburn 10k yesterday it felt like somone had stuck a knfe back in me lungs and was twisting it around.. may explain why i felt like i was coughing blood up again..

.. and no i ain't going to the doctors he will only give me some pills and tell me to stop running and take a few weeks off work..
    A few weeks off work, what's the number for my doctors ...

Started with a sore throat and cough middle of last week. Took 2 hours off work on Friday as I couldn't go more than 2minutes between coughing fits (couldn't take more time off as 2 of 4 people already off on holiday - in our place you have to book sick days at least 2wks in advance!). Felt slightly better on Saturday so I did an orienteeing competition on Sunday - back to square one now. I'll just have to try and run it off again tomorrow...

I've just had some antibiotics prescribed from the Doctors after running Winter Hill with the lurgy.

I'm gutted I want to go out and play on the hills tonight.

OK how long before i can train again?

What are the anti's called hopey

Amoxicillin hope they'll stop my lungs from burning!

Ah Amoxiccilin the answer to everything. Gis some