Thread: Which treking sandals?

Which treking sandals?

Depsite resisting the temptation for a many years to join the "happy clappers" I cannot resist any longer. The flip flops are being traded in for something more substantial... any recommendations? Source Gobi??

Re: Which treking sandals?

well I don't know much about what footwear is good but I do know I love my Merrell Chameleons.

just need some decent weather so I don't get trench foot when I wear them.....

Ian

Come on gentlemen! Some more words of wisdom and advice... I've seen you skulking about your cars in your strappy numbers.

Merrell every time. My little toes are always in the wrong place with other makes that I've tried .

Super Moderator

I think buying sandals is just like getting a pair of fell shoes - you've got to try on as many brands as possible and pick which feel / fit best (and then argue that your's are best!). Teva (and Inov8) for me ;-)

Have you tried Keen, they sell them at TK Max
    After climbing a great hill one only finds that there are many more hills to climb ......

my merrells are very comfy . remember its against the law to wear socks with them .

I had Merrells which were reasonably comfy, but stank!
    I've had some Teva's for a while now and they are very comfy, have got pretty good grip and don't smell even after a soaking...
    Tevas always seem to get good reviews in Trail mag, particularly the Wraptors (I think they're called)

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I had Merrells which were reasonably comfy, but stank!
    Must be your feet. I've had several pair and they have always remained beautifully fragrant.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbut a lad View Post
    Must be your feet. I've had several pair and they have always remained beautifully fragrant.
    proably some strange chemical reaction between Merrells and the particular brand of bacteria in my sweaty foot The Tevas don't smell at all....