Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saunders lakeland MM

Banned

Saunders lakeland MM

Mrs Stagger would like to thank all the very nice people she meet, and the organisers for a great weekend.

She would like to know why her compass is set up for 1:25 or 1:50 and the map she was given was a 1:40?

Any results yet?

Re: Saunders lakeland MM

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Mrs Stagger would like to thank all the very nice people she meet, and the organisers for a great weekend.

She would like to know why her compass is set up for 1:25 or 1:50 and the map she was given was a 1:40?

Any results yet?
    Well done Mrs. Stagger
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post

Any results yet?
    Ay up Trevor,

results at

http://www.slmm.org.uk/2008/overall_results.htm

Well done to Mrs Stagger and her friend on their first MM

Some of the better compasses for running have a plastic scale on the end that is removable and you can swap a 1:25000 for a 1:40000.

Cheers, Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    Well done to Mrs Stagger and her friend on their first MM

Some of the better compasses for running have a plastic scale on the end that is removable and you can swap a 1:25000 for a 1:40000.

Cheers, Ali
    Well done to all who completed, the weather was foul (in between the wet bits!!) Quite a few dropped out or missed punches so very well done to any
    1st timers.

My feet are rough and sore from all the contouring on the Sat, it all seemed to be on same anti clockwise slope

Thanks again to planners and organisers

(I have bit of white insulating tape marked at 1;40 stuck on my compass )

Currently trying to decide whether I enjoyed the event or not - the weather was pretty foul and all the contouring means I now have a 10 degree lean to my left side - my left knee is knackered and I have a lacerated backside from slithering down the last trecherous decent back to the finish. However, as with most of these things, I guess the passage of time will blank out the 'why am I doing this' moments and leave the general glow of achievement as the pervading memory!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
    Currently trying to decide whether I enjoyed the event or not - the weather was pretty foul and all the contouring means I now have a 10 degree lean to my left side - my left knee is knackered and I have a lacerated backside from slithering down the last trecherous decent back to the finish. However, as with most of these things, I guess the passage of time will blank out the 'why am I doing this' moments and leave the general glow of achievement as the pervading memory!

That's a pretty good summary of how I feel as well. Having a leaking tent didin't help either!

Was it 'the' Mark Hartell and 'the' Ian Holmes who failed to complete the Scafell course?

Exclamation Re: Saunders lakeland MM

This was my very first mm, i hope its like childbirth i.e you forget the pain and misery and fond memories develop. My partner and i met some really nice people and at the end of the day thats what its all about-i can't say it was the scenery as i rarely lifted my hood! from the 2 boys camping opposite who got us some water to the lady alongside me clambering up "heartbreak hill" (as it became known) singing "spiderman". Although i still stand by my one word description to the man in the loo que-"shellshocked".

Quote Originally Posted by this is my real name View Post
    Was it 'the' Mark Hartell and 'the' Ian Holmes who failed to complete the Scafell course?
    Don't know about Ian Holmes but I certainly saw "that" Mark H at the finish. Haven't heard why the disqual / retirement.

I quite like some rough traversing, just hope not to lose too much time getting caught up in rocks. Mind you, by the time I had run the length of Thirlmere on the contour and was contemplating a lap of Seat Sandal the novelty was wearing a bit thin.

I enjoyed the event - area, courses, midway camp. Don't have much to citicise except the weather, but it's better a little wet than baking hot.

I was disappointed with the Day 2 Harter Fell route. Didn't need a map just followed the line of people, there was only one route that made any sense

And the contouring - just desperate

Do the longer classes offer more route options?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonJ View Post
    Do the longer classes offer more route options?
    Yup