Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brits at the TMB 2008

Wink Brits at the TMB 2008

Hi to all fellow forumites and Forum viewers,

Would anyone that is doing the Tour of Mont Blanc like to meet in Chamonix prior to the event? Perhaps the night before in a bar and have a few (probably soft) drinks and a chat. Maybe even consider running together on similar schedules.
    What do you think is this a good idea?

Re: Brits at the TMB 2008

Sounds like a good idea. Subject to the response you get just let me know where and when.

I'd be up for this Alan. early evening/late afternoon on the thurs would be best for me with family in tow.

Yeah possibly, we arrive on the 27th, but was thinking of heading off up high for a few days, 28th back on the 29th I think. Nothing organised at the moment apart from flights.

Smile Re: Brits at the TMB 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Full Moon Addict View Post
    I'd be up for this Alan. early evening/late afternoon on the thurs would be best for me with family in tow.
    Just thought I would resurrect this as it is getting close to the big day.

Have any of you got any suggestions of any family friendly spots in the center of Cham where we could meet up? I only know of a few pubs but they are a bit loud, and probably not the best place for kids, or a chat.
    Lancslad

I am in touch with a few LDWA folk doing this, and we have also spoken about a meet up on the Thursday evening (I'm not arriving in Chamonix until Thursday afternoon). I was in Chamonix for a couple of nights in July, staying at the Hotel Gustavia opposite the station. It has a reasonable bar/restaurent - we ate there the first night because it was convenient, and the 2nd night because it was sufficiently good not to bother trekking round town trying to find an alternative that a dozen people could agree on. I am going to suggest this as a meeting point because it's the only one I know, and it's a bit off the main drag; we can always go on somewhere else. Would that be of any interest to you?

Smile Re: Brits at the TMB 2008

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyLurking View Post
    I am in touch with a few LDWA folk doing this, and we have also spoken about a meet up on the Thursday evening (I'm not arriving in Chamonix until Thursday afternoon). I was in Chamonix for a couple of nights in July, staying at the Hotel Gustavia opposite the station. It has a reasonable bar/restaurent - we ate there the first night because it was convenient, and the 2nd night because it was sufficiently good not to bother trekking round town trying to find an alternative that a dozen people could agree on. I am going to suggest this as a meeting point because it's the only one I know, and it's a bit off the main drag; we can always go on somewhere else. Would that be of any interest to you?
    Sounds Like a good idea should we meet at about 20:00 hrs on Thursday night. Anyone else that wants to meet up are welcome, it would be nice to meet some of you before taking on the TMB.

8pm it is, then. I've posted on the LDWA forums and e-mailed a few that I have addresses for. See you there.

Fiona

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyLurking View Post
    8pm it is, then. I've posted on the LDWA forums and e-mailed a few that I have addresses for. See you there.

Fiona
    See you all there. Looking forward to it.
    Alan.
    Lancslad

May head down. We are camping, probably at Les Arolles or somewhere else as close to the centre as possible.

I'm incredibly disorganised. What have we been sent in the post that we need to take to registration? anything?

Edit: found my runners card and for once Bella didn't get to the post before any of us so no teeth marks.
    Last edited by IainR; 25-08-2008 at 05:43 PM.