Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brits at the TMB 2008

Re: Brits at the TMB 2008

Well the race is undeway good luck to every one you can follow progress here.

Ifor

And for those of us spanners who can't speak whatever jingo that website is posted in (Franglish, I think) is there a Thicko Brito version i.e. vaguely English.

Yours Sincerely,
    A Dumb Geordie
    Why walk when you can run.

Quote Originally Posted by theNoor View Post
    And for those of us spanners who can't speak whatever jingo that website is posted in (Franglish, I think) is there a Thicko Brito version i.e. vaguely English.

Yours Sincerely,
    A Dumb Geordie
    There is English on the main page but the live stuff looks to be just french.. 2nd menu option Tableau Passages is the live porgress, choose your race then Du 1er au 100eme would be 1st to 100th... not too hard.

Ifor,

How do you find out where someone is in the race if you have their number e.g 2214 and 430 (John Fleetwood and Britta)? And similarly, only their name e.g. James Archibold (Borrowdale Fell Runners)?

Ta.
    Why walk when you can run.

Go to
    http://live.ultratrailmb.com/tempsReel.php

in the section Fiches Coureurs enter the number and make sure dos is what you are looking for, it will give their progress

It's gteat - I;'ve been tracking our clubmate Simon Ellis who seems to be moving slowly through the field 21 hours in!!

Well done to all - blummen brilliant

By the way, the winner has already finished!

Congrats to Simon Ellis of Tattenhall who made it round in 34 hours or so. Fabulous stuff.

I notice Lizzie Hawker had a sublime run also, 15th overall and first lady by miles.....

Feet in the Cowclaps

Britta currently 43rd lady.

Quote Originally Posted by theNoor View Post
    Ifor,

How do you find out where someone is in the race if you have their number e.g 2214 and 430 (John Fleetwood and Britta)? And similarly, only their name e.g. James Archibold (Borrowdale Fell Runners)?

Ta.
    John finished in 51st place in 28h 30mn 48s and Britta in 916 in 43h 23mn 10s
    well done to both
    Bill

What an awsome event!!! Concratulations to all that took part and completed the various races. Some really excellent results, especially Lizzy Hawker 1st Lady, 1st Brit and 14th overall - fantastic!!! John you must be made up with 51st - I recall you had a score to settle after the pain of last years tour? some very consistent times on your tour, so well done to you.

The UTMB was a bit of a learning experience for me and in some ways was a race of two halves... up to Grand Col Ferret - going great, spring in step, enjoying the party, loving the thrill of the route, the superb scenery, all the lights of the runners moving up the mountains and enjoying the various chats with passing runners. After the Col Ferrat I seemed to go through a continuous episode of bad patchs and lots of various pains - it felt like the mountains where really against me. I got really bad legs, the right knee locked up and would not let me run (although when I say run I mean only the downhills and flats at this stage for me) so a lot of time was spent walking, this was just so frustrating. Not sure what caused it and not had it before on any UK long distance runs, maybe it was the long and punishing descents, or possibly footwear choice...> who knows? I used Inov8 trail shoes for the first half then changed to Nike Pegasus at Courmayer for some extra cushioning [what did other other folks use?].

I had family support at Vallorcine which was a great boost and also had some strapping put onto the wonkey leg - However if I had known what was to come in that last section I would have thrown the towel in there and then - 17km but by far the hardest on the entire route, being very steep, rocky, loose and very technical (and quite dangerous in the dark - when already goosed!) I started to loose the will to live, trying to reach La Flegere was never ending and was dismally lonely - did everyone hate this bit?
    The finish eventually came, after 31hrs which was a great releif. The North Face souvenior clothing is great, but way too big, need to put on 2 stone to make it snug!

Back for more next year maybe... still too many aches and pains - suffering from DVT after a 15hr drive back!