Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: sacked

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post

You could say that Number 10's statement was a bit misleading I suppose but the Guardian and Mirror should be taken to task for all their inaccuracies.
    100% agree. The press and media are shocking.

Also the numptys who thought it was a joke to get a bloke in serious trouble by making false allegations.

Banned
    Fact:- his father contacted Durham police, who went round to pay a visit. TRUE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post

You could say that Number 10's statement was a bit misleading I suppose but the Guardian and Mirror should be taken to task for all their inaccuracies.
    100% agree. The press and media are shocking.

Also the numptys who thought it was a joke to get a bloke in serious trouble by making false allegations.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, Peter Mandelson was pretty much the same, but he was sacked. Twice. And that's the big difference
    But Peter Mandelson was an elected MP. The nearest equivalent to Cummings in the Blair government would be Alastair Campbell.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Fact:- his father contacted Durham police, who went round to pay a visit. TRUE
    He called them, they called him back, not called round.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

He said, she said, who cares? The whole country knows he was wrong, the others who have done similar have by and large held their hand up, DC, BoJo n Gove took a few days and came up with a matter of fact story, Bo Jo N Gove getting their we didn't know (mebee) giving them plausible deniability should this turn sour, believe what you think is correct. but DC, as one of our Guiding Lights, should have spoken to the P&DP team as he was so worried for his and his families safety, end of controversy.

DC can hardly complain of media smoke and mirrors, I am sure he has done similar in the none too distant past.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    The whole country knows he was wrong
    you haven't been following this have you
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    you haven't been following this have you
    Yes I have, lol, as usual some good points and info references. Interestingly when I speak to people they agree DC was wrong, although how wrong usually depends on political affiliation. Perhaps keyboards are to blame.

I listened to their press briefings and it didn't quite hang together for me. Not the right or wrong of what he did but DC's poor communication with his govt bosses and failing to involve the team who look after their safety and security, if that is how it happened I wouldn't want him in my team, or running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Yes I have, lol, as usual some good points and info references. Interestingly when I speak to people they agree DC was wrong, although how wrong usually depends on political affiliation. Perhaps keyboards are to blame.

I listened to their press briefings and it didn't quite hang together for me. Not the right or wrong of what he did but DC's poor communication with his govt bosses and failing to involve the team who look after their safety and security, if that is how it happened I wouldn't want him in my team, or running the country.
    That post doesn't quite chime with "The whole country knows he was wrong"

Interesting on the political affiliation.

This is what I find.
    anti-Tory criticise him almost without exception.
    ant--Brexit ditto
    Pro Tory - a significant % are critical
    Pro Brexit - a significant % are critical
    examples being pundits Julia Hartley-Brewer and Tim Montgomerie.

It seems that someone politically opposed to the Johnson led Tories has difficulty cutting him some slack.

But they other way around when it was Stephen Kinnock, Kinnock's political opponents still found it within themselves to support him.

I think it tends to show we are splitting between Libertarian and Statist. Leftist libertarians like Claire Fox and Paul Embery are aligned with Tory libertarians like Douglas Carswell.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    That post doesn't quite chime with "The whole country knows he was wrong"

Interesting on the political affiliation.

This is what I find.
    anti-Tory criticise him almost without exception.
    ant--Brexit ditto
    Pro Tory - a significant % are critical
    Pro Brexit - a significant % are critical
    examples being pundits Julia Hartley-Brewer and Tim Montgomerie.

It seems that someone politically opposed to the Johnson led Tories has difficulty cutting him some slack.

But they other way around when it was Stephen Kinnock, Kinnock's political opponents still found it within themselves to support him.

I think it tends to show we are splitting between Libertarian and Statist. Leftist libertarians like Claire Fox and Paul Embery are aligned with Tory libertarians like Douglas Carswell.
    So on closer examination the lynch mob with their blind blood lust - do actually discriminate and don't just like lynching for the sake of it?

Who would have thought?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".