Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    But that was not the case at the time.
    That being said my son in law and daughter are both front line NHS. If they had got ill I would have driven from Wales to Yorkshire to rescue grandchildren, lockdown or no.
    At the time - but do you think having one of the parents with it, they should have waited until perhaps they were both in intensive care like the PM and others and then their 4 year old autistic child may have been in the hands of Islington Social Services?
    I'm sure you don't from what I've seen of your posts over the years, and like you, I'd have been at the service of my children and grandchildren if they needed me, regardless of the lockdown.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Timing is brilliant. 4pm on a hot and sunny bank holiday.

How many other announcements by the government have been at 4pm???

Listening to the questions from supposedly senior members of the press to Dominic Cummings it is obvious that they had planned them before his press conference but still continued to ask them.

They obviously have no interest in the truth and are just continuing nothing more than a witch hunt against a decent man.

Absolute arseholes. They should be embarrassed.

I did not know much about him before this but he has certainly gone up in my estimation.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Listening to the questions from supposedly senior members of the press to Dominic Cummings it is obvious that they had planned them before his press conference but still continued to ask them.

They obviously have no interest in the truth and are just continuing nothing more than a witch hunt against a decent man.

Absolute arseholes. They should be embarrassed.

I did not know much about him before this but he has certainly gone up in my estimation.
    I thought he came across extremely well - but - but - he does not accept that as far as many are concerned, he broke the rules that they have been following, often to their detriment. The eye sight test drive - a bit odd for an intelligent person to think that such a test would be appropriate - presumably if you don’t crash you are safe.

I have certainly changed my ideas about him as a person, but that does not mean he was right. The shouting/yelling mob outside his house should go home and leave him and his family in peace.

Will he survive? We will see ….

All sorts of rumours and theories flying around on Facebook and elsewhere. He may be many things but one thing is for sure, DC loves to play strategy games and all this may be yet another. Nothing is what it seems with this one.

He mounts a very plausible defence which would be fine if he were the man in the street....but he is not. He is in the public eye and should have come to different arrangements. Surely the privilege of government service could have provided assistance for his particular circumstances??

He came across quite well, not least because he didn’t fit the profile of a “monster” that our liberal media have presented him as. I’m still not totally convinced that he did the right thing. Perhaps he has legally complied but there must be many people in the same position as Cummings and his wife who didn’t realise such an option was available to them given the relentless stay at home message.

What did shine through was the outright hostility of the media representatives, who clearly hate Cummings with a passion and not for his actions in going to Durham.

Banned
    It is nice when we can all have differing views and still be pleasant about it. No bitching or name calling is wonderful.

Thank you ��

Virtual hug me old mucker! Not many of us left from t'owd days are there??

So the new government slogan is 'Be Reasonable' replacing 'Be Alert' which nobody seemed to understand
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run