Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: sacked

Banned
    But then nobody high profile has done similar.
    If you care about the nuances.

Stephen kinnock and parents didnt have Covid, totally voluntary violation.
    The labour MP went to a birthday party! That was a disgrace.
    It gets worse. Corbyn voluntarily took his wife into parliament in violation of her right to leave home, held a garden party for his sons, and did a group bike ride.

UNLIKE any of them, Cummings had to do something. Events forced his hand. He was forced to isolate somewhere, and considering his boss went in intensive care, which could have been both him and his wife, they had a kid to look after who would have been excluded from any childcare if they were symptomatic.
    So in the interests of the kid they went to the place they could expect care if needs be. His parents. He was already being threatended on the doorstep because of false accusations, such is the baying mob and the inaction of police over harassment. That too will have played a part.

The decision will have been made quickly. And it was out of the question to discuss it with anyone. It would have been taken out of his hands very quickly. I suspect his wife guided the decision more than anyone else, on totally understandable grounds. He is a father first, a civil servant second.

Bravo for him putting his family first. And for working whilst many public sector are shirking at home.

Only people who do not know or hate cummings claim "there are similar cases" that "apologised" . There are no similar cases. And the whole country dont know he was wrong. Only the overly vociferous media and cummings haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    He said, she said, who cares? The whole country knows he was wrong, the others who have done similar have by and large held their hand up, DC, BoJo n Gove took a few days and came up with a matter of fact story, Bo Jo N Gove getting their we didn't know (mebee) giving them plausible deniability should this turn sour, believe what you think is correct. but DC, as one of our Guiding Lights, should have spoken to the P&DP team as he was so worried for his and his families safety, end of controversy.

DC can hardly complain of media smoke and mirrors, I am sure he has done similar in the none too distant past.
    Last edited by Oracle; 02-06-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Banned
    Is Cummings related to you Oracle?

While I would not align myself with many of Oracles proclamations, on this occasion I must say I agree with him. Cummings mistake was not to get clearance from a higher authority. But time and circumstances may well have forced his hand or induced a panic. Imagine YOUR state of mind if you had to run the gauntlet of a baying mob every time you came home. And if all your closest colleagues were dropping like flies with a potentially lethal disease?

Banned
    A 6 hour drive. Car phone??

I accept he put family first in some aspects,
    But
    In others he made bad choices.

On the old forum we would have just had a poll and the decision would have been made by a majority.

Now there's a thought! 49/51% split!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Now there's a thought! 49/51% split!!
    Correct. I can go with a majority

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    So on closer examination the lynch mob with their blind blood lust - do actually discriminate and don't just like lynching for the sake of it?

Who would have thought?
    The point I was trying to make, but seemingly failed, is that one side seems to object en masse to a perceived misdemeanour by the other - highlight by Cummings - but that the other side tends not to - as highlighted by the reaction to Kinnock, where he was largely defended by Libertarians who were often opponents of him. Meanwhile because he was one of theirs, the statists kept quiet, seemingly embarrassed to get involved.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Ha ha ha and the stories keep running:-

The PM's adviser stayed with his family in what he said was a "cottage" on his parents' farm in Durham, in April.

The only planning applications listed on the council's website for the farm are for a roof over a swimming pool in 2001, and the removal of various trees.

Durham County Council and a local MP have received a number of complaints.

Banned

Banned
    But once again Teflon and his family find it doesn't stick.