Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: sacked

Banned
    You missed the point completely stagger. I respect you.

It is not what is true , or your actual motives : it is the way it can be twisted to make you appear immoral and selfish, just as I did. The media does it as standard practice.

Cummings motives are twisted to the nastiest interpretation of what he did.

All he did was try to decide what was best for his family when struck with covid on the job.

Just as my neighbours family have decided compassion trumps rules in my neighbours case.

They too could have been turned round, fined, prosecuted or all three.
    And had they been public figures they would have been pilloried for it.

I would have done what they did.

Since my wife’s family live not too Far away from where Cummings was, I might even have done what he did in similar situation. And having been told about how post viral fatigue causes problems driving which I can vouch for with covid, I would have also done a test drive before commit to return all the way.

I am Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Oracle, your point is flawed.

It's work that won't let me in. Not me refusing to work. The day I'm informed work is open is the day I start work. Fact.

Would a sensible person test his eye sight by driving. I don't think so. A dumb excuse.

If you read all my posts I have no fear of the virus because I have no fear of death.

You have some excellent views but this time you are wrong. That's ok by me as we all make mistakes.

He was wrong to do what he did.

As adults we disagree and that is fine. I do have morals
    Last edited by Oracle; 31-05-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Banned
    Could you please explain your point as it appears difficult to understand???

Would a sensible person test his eye sight by driving. I don't think so. A dumb excuse.
    The problem is Trev, you have bought in to this narrative.

If you read Cummings statement he never said he tested his eyesight by driving.

You might still hold the same opinion, but it would have been formed on the basis of fact, not the skewed reporting.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    The problem is Trev, you have bought in to this narrative.

If you read Cummings statement he never said he tested his eyesight by driving.

You might still hold the same opinion, but it would have been formed on the basis of fact, not the skewed reporting.
    There may be some truth about the reporting.

I question his 300 mile drive. As a key worker he could/should have received child care in London.

And the day trip to the castle for what ever reason.

If he had told his bosses to start with, or held his hands up and said sorry, he would have been a more honest man.

The lies, deceit and no regret grated with me.

Banned
    Its his kid.

People were going into intensive care including his boss, for all he knew it could have been both him and his wife. What happens to the kid then?

If he wants his kid looked after by family not a paid "AN other" who doesnt give a sh!t, that is cummings call, nobody else. His family were in durham. No apology needed for looking after your family first.

I had corona, and I tried driving in the week after. It wasnt fun, and I asked OH to take over. I would not have dreamed of doing a long journey without finding out whether I could on a short journey first. It is far better isolation in a private car than risking all the social contact on the train. His car was stuck in Durham.

He was also being threatened not just because of brexit, but also because he was alleged to have opposed a lockdown. That was fake news. He did not, but it didnt stop media printing it, and the inevitable scrum outside his house.

So If lies and deceit grate with you, STOP reading the guardian and other main stream media who are attacking cummings, and attack the media instead. They have been full of it on this story.

Where is your condemnation of media lies? Like the second trip that never was?
    The guy who made it up, owned up to hit afterwards. Where is your condemnation of him?

Media have also commuted to durham and barnard castle, making tens of journeys between all media doing exactly what they criticise cummings for times ten!
    So clearly journeys to durham are not a problem, or media would not be making them.
    The scrums outside his house are in total violation of distancing.

People lap it up because they do not like cummings. You too seemingly.

As I have already pointed out, I could paint your trip to turkey in just as a bad a light.
    Last edited by Oracle; 01-06-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Cracked it

I have noticed your reference to "OH" in many of your posts Mr Oracle and could not work it out but today the penny has finally dropped! Hurrah.

By all means refer to me as being a bit thick!

Keep up the good work.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

There may be some truth about the reporting.

I question his 300 mile drive. As a key worker he could/should have received child care in London.

And the day trip to the castle for what ever reason.

If he had told his bosses to start with, or held his hands up and said sorry, he would have been a more honest man.

The lies, deceit and no regret grated with me.
    Trev - the initial reporting alleged a police investigation, that DC had been spoken to by the Police. It talked of a second trip, it talked of seeing his parents..... it was way off and people now have acknowledged to making stuff up.

So he probably did have childcare in London as a key worker. He would certainly be entitled to it as you say.

But if he came down with COVID like some colleagues, that child care would not have been available.

He would have been at home ill, with a wife ill, with a kid.

I know someone who was in that situation with 3 kids in a terrace house. But they had family around.

So that deals with the journey to Durham which the police have no issues with.

Barnard Castle - that was because he'd been given the all clear, and he was going back to London. His wife was worried about the long journey.

She persuaded him to drive to BC for a walk and head down to London the next day. He agreed. He hasn't said it was to test his eyesight. He has said he'd been ill, it had affected his visions and that although the clinician had said he was fine to return, his wife was concerned. She wasn't sure he was fully recovered.

So the drive was instigated by Mrs C and the intent was a short drive and a walk, which was within the guidelines.

Anyway, done to death now, so on Cummings I'm out.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    On a personal level, Dominic Cummings deserves some sympathy for the situation his family was in; and the behaviour of the media has been, shall we say, less than exemplary. But it is worth examining why he attracts this level of venom.

He is at the centre of Government, making policy, but he is unelected. He is not merely implementing policy decided by the elected politicians, the traditional role of civil servants. So here is a bloke who played a major role in persuading the British public that they didn't want to be governed by unelected bureaucrats in Brussels, only for them to see themselves being governed by an unelected bureaucrat in London. Oh, and he's made Boris Johnson look pathetic.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post

He is at the centre of Government, making policy, but he is unelected. He is not merely implementing policy decided by the elected politicians, the traditional role of civil servants. So here is a bloke who played a major role in persuading the British public that they didn't want to be governed by unelected bureaucrats in Brussels, only for them to see themselves being governed by an unelected bureaucrat in London. Oh, and he's made Boris Johnson look pathetic.
    Would Peter Mandelson have been much the same? Possibly the first "advisor come spin doctor"?
    I think Mandelson was known as The Prince of Darkness for a reason, nothing new really.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Banned
    Facts for our country show 90% of the people who have died are over 65 years old.

How thoughtful is it delivering your covid wife to your in laws?

As adults it's ok to have a different opinion.

Personally I think he was wrong and told lies.

I do accept that he was also badly treated.