Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pressure

Master and MR

pressure

Im talking organising a race.

Last night i took the plunge and part helped organise our summer league race.
    209 started and the 2 hours before was just manic. Id love to organise a fell race but just wondering how organisers deal with a bit of critisicm.

Last nights comments ranged from
    good race , good course.
    f,.....n hell your not sending MY athletes down there mate
    this starts a bit narrow
    well done daz
    i cant get a good photo with this run in to the finish
    theres an old guy fell over and you need to get first aid quick

so although im very laid back and just dont think about it . Its got me thinking that it can be very stressfull and im having second thoughts.

Re: pressure

We are meant to complain we are British.

You won't please everyone those who complain will probably come back next time and complain those who didn't complain will encourage others to come along.

Our club organise a 4 miler and people moan about it being tough but they come back every month ... nutters.

Sod the moanin buggas...just get on wi' it. Most folk'll always 'elp out if tha's got a problem...don't tek it all on yerself...delegate.

Banned

I was 50% of a double act who organised our XC this year 180 runners and similar comments Daz.

One of our older club members summed it up on comments,

"Ask the winner how it was, ask a mid-pack runner and ask the last person over the line. Form your opinion from this cross section"

I was very surprised at the comments, all positive although a couple of little tweaks could have be added.

I am now looking to put on a fell race in September for nowt, collect comments and if it OK I will submit it to the Fixture Calander for next year.

It's a damm sight easier organising a fell race than a road race.

The amount of moaning you get on a road race is unbelievable, I help out putting a 6 mile race on, I had someone moan that his Garmin logged it at 6.1 miles!

Master and MR

The moaning doesnt really bother me its just if owt goes wrong. I think id manned and double manned every marshall station. Yes there did seem to be lots helping last night but i was worrying before the race if anyone would turn up.
    But the lady who usually organises the race was very calm and gave me lots of advice

I panicked a bit when there was 2 x people in the car park early. I thought they was from ARC doing some checks. They had suits on but turned out just 2 x runners from work.

But i would prefer to do a fell race

We have the scouts out marshalling for us, we give them a donation and they cover the race, we have the mountain rescue and we give them a donation, which proved to be a good move as a lady fell and had to go to hospital.

Submit the race to the calendar, then you will have the all important insurance cover.

When are you thinking of organising one?

I have a race organisers box that has everything you need - would you like to borrow it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post

I am now looking to put on a fell race in September for nowt, collect comments and if it OK I will submit it to the Fixture Calander for next year.

Daz, if you organise anything you will need a thick skin.

I think one of the best things about organising a fell race is the laid back attitude of nearly all runners.

If you receive a bit of unjust criticism, tell'em not to come back next year!!

The best races to organise are the night races during the winter, people compete 'cos they really want to!

Chuffing hard work. Roll on Sunday afternoon when the G6 will have passed by!
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome