Page 733 of 846 FirstFirst ... 233633683723731732733734735743783833 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,330 of 8454

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    One day races as well - as we saw in the Tour Of Flanders. Who would have thought?
    I bet you enjoyed the Across Flanders race as well last week

Been some great racing all round and a few turn ups - Milan San Remo was another good finish.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I like Valverde.

Netflix has a series on the Movistar team over the 2019 season.

The team is chaotic but Valverde is serene and yesterday who finishes third at 41 in two weeks time behind the hot young Turks but our Alex.

Marvellous!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

The team is chaotic but Valverde is serene and yesterday who finishes third at 41 in two weeks time behind the hot young Turks but our Alex.

Marvellous!
    That reminds me:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56660472

Who wants to be the first to be offended at someone else being worried that someone else might be offended?

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    That reminds me:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56660472

Who wants to be the first to be offended at someone else being worried that someone else might be offended?
    Don't even go there! In fact, I think that by even posting that link and suggestion you might be construed as edging closely to a none-crime hate incident - Mocking those who might be offended by suggestion of an offence - tsk!

https://www.app.college.police.uk/ap...ate-incidents/
    Am Yisrael Chai

I bet that has stopped you chucking your bidon at excitable children....

One day races as well - as we saw in the Tour Of Flanders. Who would have thought?

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    I bet that has stopped you chucking your bidon at excitable children....
    Ridiculous!

I have just gone to caress my Euskaltel Euskadi, Bouygues Telecom,... bidons.

And where did I get them from?

I picked them up from riders at Le Tour.

I don't know how many miles of tour route I drove, walked or cycled but I never saw a discarded bidon anywhere after the riders had passed. And why? I refer you to my previous sentence.

Is it true when they closed the asylums in Europe they deployed the inmates to the UCI?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 08-04-2021 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Would that be the same Valverde that was banned for two years, and had all his results stripped for 2010, for drug offences?
    Must be. There can't be two top class riders with the same name.

But hey! Who knows if one day the truth will emerge from Team "marginal gains" Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

I think that the latter results of team Sky will prove to be clean, but as to the early days - only time will tell if we get to the bottom of the Dr Freeman case and the dodgy jiffy bag
    Innocence does not smell - but Team Sky certainly did in the past. Asthma indeed!

Pateley Bridge has 4 "killer climbs" and today I tried Old Church Lane: 1.4 miles, 660 feet ascent, average incline 9% with a steep bit of 26%, which I admit I did notice. Harrogate Tourist Office suggests this is the toughest of the four - and who am I to argue? It finishes at a cattle grid high on Pateley Moor and today there were minutes at a time where the only sounds were of pheasant and curlew. Sublime. I then descended on a deserted, well surfaced, straight country road and recorded 45+ mph. I noticed that as well.

Riding home up Dacre Bank a fat man on an e-bike came up behind me crunching gears. I was already in my lowest so I dug in to display my character. I must pretend I am Pantani more often because he stayed behind me all the way up the hill - perhaps he reads the Forum and thought I would push him off if he dared to pass?

On my way out through Addingham parked in a field gate was a stupendous Maserati Ghibli in matt slate grey with all the bells and whistles - but also a completely shredded rear low profile tyre. Illustrating that an aerosol can of gunge, instead of a spare wheel, does have limitations if your tyre suffers more than a slow puncture.

Anyway 45 miles, 4700 feet and a beautiful spring day in Nidderdale.

52 miles out to the flatlands of West Lancs today. Croston, Burscough and Parbold loop - mostly on the quieter roads of the Lancashire cycleway. Even managed to include a bit of “white road” and pave, felt a bit like the Tour of Flanders but a bit slower. Managed to find a couple of gems for a coffee and lunch stop which were not too busy unlike the cyclist honeypot of Croston. Bumped into fell running legend Rob Hope and family on the way back, he was on the way back from a game of tennis. Despite being relatively flat we still managed to clock up 2400 ft of climbing. The snow on the way back was an unexpected bonus!������