Page 775 of 846 FirstFirst ... 275675725765773774775776777785825 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,750 of 8454

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Thanks. I have never hear the clanking before on any bike. Quite disconcerting.
    In the 42 years I've been taking racing bikes apart and putting them back together again, (usually without anything left over), I have seen great improvements in the cycle engineering of standard parts: hidden cables, indexed gears, clip-in pedals, cassettes instead of freewheels, straight-pull spokes, gear levers in the brakes, lots & lots more gears etc.

Sadly, it hasn't all been progress in the right direction, and bottom brackets and wheel bearings, (and it always seems to be the rear wheel), now have a habit of making strange noises after a relatively short amount of use.

Thanks. I have never hear the clanking before on any bike. Quite disconcerting.
    Check your cassette hasn't worked loose.

I may have to stop buying Cycling Weekly

Dr Hutch (the only thing worth reading unless I have a letter printed) today writes.

There is still an inexplicable affection for some of these jerseys.There are Marco Pantani fans who rhapsodise about his Mercatone-Uno kit, presumably because they are still suffering from some sort of concussion inflicted via the eyes.

I think I need a large glass of Barolo.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 21-01-2022 at 09:45 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I may have to stop buying Cycling Weekly

Dr Hutch (the only thing worth reading unless I have a letter printed) today writes.

There is still an inexplicable affection for some of these jerseys.There are Marco Pantani fans who rhapsodise about his Mercatone-Uno kit, presumably because they are still suffering from some sort of concussion inflicted via the eyes.

I think I need a large glass of Barolo.
    Oh f***, this is serious. How could you repeat such sacrilege Graham?

As the owner of a Pantani-era, full-on racing bike in 1997 team Mercatone Uno - Wega colours I will need something a lot stronger

Who would have thought concussion could last over 25 years? I'm so shocked I'm going to go out, right now, on my fixed wheel bike ...

https://veloseven.com/vintage/1500-w...tani-1997.html

Is that DA7700? I've got a set of the 'SUP' branded rims in citron.
    Last edited by mr brightside; 22-01-2022 at 05:10 PM.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    As the owner of a Pantani-era, full-on racing bike in 1997 team Mercatone Uno - Wega colours I will need something a lot stronger
    Ha, it's not just me, they're all coming out of the woodwork slowly. C50 Rabobank.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Ha, it's not just me, they're all coming out of the woodwork slowly. C50 Rabobank.
    Worth saying it's not a Wilier La Triestina, just painted to look like one. But it is British made using British Reynolds 853 and is fully kitted out with DA7700, apart from the Campagnolo wheels and the front mech which is DA7800.

A very chilly day with a cold north westerly wind saw me take the Moda Bolero, complete with mudguards, out for the first time in nearly 2 years. The Microshift gear shifting took a bit of getting used to again, especially in winter gloves. I made sure I gave myself plenty of thinking time so no mishaps or chain shipping!

Out to Flagg, Earl Sterndale and down into Crowdecote and up to Longnor. Along the cow shit covered ridge road through Sheen and on to Hulme End. Back to Hartington and up the wind tunnel commonly known as Long Dale to the Salt Heaps on the A515. Down to Flagg, up to Chelmorton and home via Monyash and Horse Lane.

A total of 36 miles and 3,081 feet in 2hrs 44 min. Only saw 4 other cyclist, a group of three young lads in black, who were lost and a solo female. Nice to get back on my Moda and I had forgotten how comfy it is.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Very reassuring to discover that after the weather forecast suggested freezing weather - it was in fact freezing weather or just below freezing according to my Garmin, as I pootled 24 miles (1800feet) of the country roads round Embsay and Draughton, near Skipton. I only saw one cyclist who was on a steel Keith Lambert with a cassette of 6 or 7. I assume he was very old because I passed him on a climb and how many Keith Lambert frames do you see these days?

Yesterday I took the Boardman in to have the "clanking" investigated under my service contract. It wasn't either of the usual mechanics who have been there for years and the new man peered at me and asked when I thought I would give up riding a bike. I said "Dunno but I have just given up fell running". So he then asked how old I was.

That's what I like about my local Halfords. The interpersonal touch.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Very reassuring to discover that after the weather forecast suggested freezing weather - it was in fact freezing weather or just below freezing according to my Garmin, as I pootled 24 miles (1800feet) of the country roads round Embsay and Draughton, near Skipton. I only saw one cyclist who was on a steel Keith Lambert with a cassette of 6 or 7. I assume he was very old because I passed him on a climb and how many Keith Lambert frames do you see these days?

Yesterday I took the Boardman in to have the "clanking" investigated under my service contract. It wasn't either of the usual mechanics who have been there for years and the new man peered at me and asked when I thought I would give up riding a bike. I said "Dunno but I have just given up fell running". So he then asked how old I was.

That's what I like about my local Halfords. The interpersonal touch.
    You use Halfords?