Page 774 of 774 FirstFirst ... 274674724764772773774
Results 7,731 to 7,733 of 7733

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Mmmh. Either you read this on a sign, you've used google or you own eg Railway Clearing House - Atlas of England & Wales 1904
    Mmmh. Or I looked on the Staffordshire XXXVII.NE map (includes: Hopton and Coton; Salt and Enson) of 1902, on the National Library of Scotland map collection, like all good pedants would

I mentioned this to my mum last night, and she told me her father had worked as signalman at Salt, amongst his travels, probably towards the end of the LNER

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Mmmh. Or I looked on the Staffordshire XXXVII.NE map (includes: Hopton and Coton; Salt and Enson) of 1902, on the National Library of Scotland map collection, like all good pedants would

I mentioned this to my mum last night, and she told me her father had worked as signalman at Salt, amongst his travels, probably towards the end of the LNER
    The Hollybush Inn at Salt was one of my watering holes whilst serving at RAF Stafford in the late seventies. A cracking traditional pub with thatched roof. Did you notice if it was still there?

When I'm back on the bike again I must do a "memory lane" ride in that area!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    The Hollybush Inn at Salt was one of my watering holes whilst serving at RAF Stafford in the late seventies. A cracking traditional pub with thatched roof. Did you notice if it was still there?

When I'm back on the bike again I must do a "memory lane" ride in that area!
    Err, I didn't actually get to Salt yesterday, having only found out after I was in the vicinity that my grandfather used to work there. It seems likely, however, that I will be making a visit to Salt in the near future, so I hope to give a full report of my findings to all railway and pub lovers.

As I mentioned yesterday the Harrier jump-jet is still outside MOD Stafford, which I believe is a re-name of RAF Stafford. It's not what you expect to see on a Staffordshire ring road.