Page 656 of 847 FirstFirst ... 156556606646654655656657658666706756 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 8461

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Yes, it is worrying that I am quite enjoying it, mainly that I can go out peddling up and down hills for hours and the following morning not have every joint in my legs aching, tired but not the hammering. Which running does.
    Still don't like the faff of bikes and listening to a pair of cyclists talk bikes is a cure for insomnia.

Agree. Means to an end not an excuse for reverence!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    The road over Mynydd Epynt from Brecon to Garth. Very slowly, with plenty of time to admire the views. If I had a cycling bucket list, this road would probably have been on it.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Riva del Garda to Santa Barbara and back, 45km, one hill, 1300m elevation gain.
    I loved every single second of it.

Master
    Here you go an end of season outing :-

https://www.cyclinguk.org/current-ca...at-north-trail

Looks interesting to me in fact it would make an interesting outing on foot as well
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Here you go an end of season outing :-

https://www.cyclinguk.org/current-ca...at-north-trail

Looks interesting to me in fact it would make an interesting outing on foot as well
    Its great that cycling is being taken more seriously by the authority's but they are they are telling a few porkies by calling it "A long distance off road trail".
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Its great that cycling is being taken more seriously by the authority's but they are they are telling a few porkies by calling it "A long distance off road trail".
    I don`t think they are misleading anybody as they clearly point out that the route is not perfect and is still evolving and that in places it has to resort to quiet roads (16 miles road I think which ain`t that bad over on a route of 800 miles) pretty much the same as Snowdon marathon is neither a road or trail marathon and is in fact all the better for it

Didn`know that cycling UK or the CTC was an authority in fact I thougt it was a charity ah well you live and learn I guess
    Last edited by JohnK; 04-09-2019 at 07:38 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    I don`t think they are misleading anybody as they clearly point out that the route is not perfect and is still evolving and that in places it has to resort to quiet roads (16 miles road I think which ain`t that bad over on a route of 800 miles) pretty much the same as Snowdon marathon is neither a road or trail marathon and is in fact all the better for it

Didn`know that cycling UK or the CTC was an authority in fact I thougt it was a charity ah well you live and learn I guess
    They may well be charity's and I am happy to be corrected but the "off road" claim is not true. I would also be surprised if there was no local authority involvement in the project, which as I said earlier think a great idea. But why sell it as something it is not?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Its that awkward season again. Mudguards and CX tyres have gone on the my commuting bike. This morning's commute saw lights, winter gloves and thick jacket on (as hands frozen solid yesterday!) This afternoon sees a hot, dry, sunny ride home in a short sleeved jersey, track mitts and shorts. Still, I saviour the fact that this ride is still light and pleasantly warm as the onset of dreaded winter riding is not that far off.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Full on Winter commute mode today. Very cold
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast