Page 673 of 846 FirstFirst ... 173573623663671672673674675683723773 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,730 of 8454

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

To celebrate a 100 miles, 10,000+ feet week I went from Ilkley over the bridal way from Threshfield to Malham for the first time. The route to and through Bordley Green Farm is very steep (at around 380 metres) and rough and rocky with a lot of farm gates so there are warning signs in Threshfield saying "Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles" (although "Impossible" would be more accurate) which must have deterred even the e-bike brigade.

It made a nice change not to be overtaken by someone doing 15mph up a 20% climb with their feet on the handle bars.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    To celebrate a 100 miles, 10,000+ feet week I went from Ilkley over the bridal way from Threshfield to Malham for the first time. The route to and through Bordley Green Farm is very steep (at around 380 metres) and rough and rocky with a lot of farm gates so there are warning signs in Threshfield saying "Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles" (although "Impossible" would be more accurate) which must have deterred even the e-bike brigade.

It made a nice change not to be overtaken by someone doing 15mph up a 20% climb with their feet on the handle bars.
    The "bridal way"; have you recently taken the plunge Mr. Breeze?
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    The "bridal way"; have you recently taken the plunge Mr. Breeze?
    Ha ha!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

After a week off, mainly eating and drinking and I can feel it too back on the bike. 231/2 miles for 2750ft on gravel bike eased my stiff legs off. Now concentrate on losing those lbs I put on.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    41.3km, the furthest I've ridden for years, in lovely, cloudless, sun and almost zero wind. Lovely and warm at around 21-22 degrees, and roads quiet.

Crossed the Tame at Elford, like yesterday, and then pushed on to Clifton Campville and then No Mans Heath, (where the four counties meet) before crossing into Leicestershire, and Anthony Kay's patch, before returning.
    Be careful, you will start encountering hills if you go any further east.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Yesterday afternoon a lovely 30 miles and 3,300 feet ride in 2hrs 15min, on very tired legs, from Llani out to the Hafren Forest, Staylittle, Y Fan, Trefeglwys, Oakley Park and home.

A gloriously sunny day on very quiet roads. The only negative being the views spoiled by wind turbines in almost every direction, most of which were stationary!

Liquid refreshments, of Butty Bach, taken in the beer garden of The Mount Inn.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

An hour up to the reservoir and back, hit one of the hills hard and put a good time in so happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    An hour up to the reservoir and back, hit one of the hills hard and put a good time in so happy with that.
    Matt, it's lovely to see that you are making such good use of the bike; when only a short while ago you were so "velo averse"
    7 days from now I'm hoping to re-aquaint myself with a 20 miler after being kept off the bike for the best part of 4 months with something of a malaise. So much kinder on the joints than running, although I've been doing plenty of that lately.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Matt, it's lovely to see that you are making such good use of the bike; when only a short while ago you were so "velo averse"
    7 days from now I'm hoping to re-aquaint myself with a 20 miler after being kept off the bike for the best part of 4 months with something of a malaise. So much kinder on the joints than running, although I've been doing plenty of that lately.
    I most certainly was most anti cycling, too much faffing about and running was far simpler.
    But good old age has sent me over to the dark side and my gravel bike enables me to enjoy the hills (just as well cos there's no sodding flat round here) without the pounding and niggles that accompanied every run I did.
    Basically, I can train much harder on a bike than running, the the winter months will see me put the studs back on my feet in some form. I still don't actually like bikes, b****y faffing things.

[QUOTE=molehill;666861]Past our old house in Tylwch then, nice ride.

Were you living there around the time when those 3 Brummies got tied to a tree outside The Sun Inn in St Harmon?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog