Page 697 of 710 FirstFirst ... 197597647687695696697698699707 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 7091

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

  1. #6961
    Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Flipping heck, they cost more than innov8s
    Typical fell runner!

    Compared to Formula 1 - cycling is as cheap as chips.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

  2. #6962
    Master PeteS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mostly Worcestershire
    Posts
    1,673
    Overshoes are a godsend. Also have some mavic winter shoes - gore-tex and thermal. Toasty but expensive....
    Going downhill fast

  3. #6963
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Over Haddon
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Flipping heck, they cost more than innov8s
    But unlike running shoes they don't seem to wear. I've had mine for 4 winters and they are as good as new. I just give them a wipe to get any salt/road dirt off and they are ready to go again.

    I've not even had to replace the SPD cleat yet and if I do it'll be no more than a fiver.

    Get some on your Christmas list Moley!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

  4. #6964
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Over Haddon
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Typical fell runner!

    Compared to Formula 1 - cycling is as cheap as chips.
    Just noticed your new Forum photo Graham.

    Did you crash through the window of your local Dulux shop on your last bike ride?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

  5. #6965
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Just noticed your new Forum photo Graham.

    Did you crash through the window of your local Dulux shop on your last bike ride?
    Oh golly gosh! That must be down to Brett. Wow! How perceptive of you to notice.

    I think it is rather fetching in a subtle, understated way.

    It's the top I wear when I feel like a little ray of sunshine amongst all these black bike, black kit, black looks riders - just so dull, dull, dull.

    It's Mercatone Uno as worn by CL's (and my) very,very favourite rider - Marco Pantani - and also has logos for Girmi, Magniflex and, of course, Bianchi.

    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 03-12-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

  6. #6966
    Master molehill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rhandirmwyn
    Posts
    3,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    But unlike running shoes they don't seem to wear. I've had mine for 4 winters and they are as good as new. I just give them a wipe to get any salt/road dirt off and they are ready to go again.

    I've not even had to replace the SPD cleat yet and if I do it'll be no more than a fiver.

    Get some on your Christmas list Moley!
    Good point, they probably last 10 times as long as running trainers.
    I shall have to consider for the winter, but will try some extra socks and plastic bags over them first.
    Been a fell runner for too long with an ingrained aversion to spending cash on kit.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

  7. #6967
    Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Good point, they probably last 10 times as long as running trainers.
    I shall have to consider for the winter, but will try some extra socks and plastic bags over them first.
    Been a fell runner for too long with an ingrained aversion to spending cash on kit.
    plastic bags??? plastic bags!!!

    But cycling is about posing and style and fashion and flashing the cash and having the latest thing and presence and cutting a dash at the coffee stop dear boy.

    And not turning up in worn-out trainers.

    Oh my!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

  8. #6968
    Master Travs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    plastic bags??? plastic bags!!!

    But cycling is about posing and style and fashion and flashing the cash and having the latest thing and presence and cutting a dash at the coffee stop dear boy.

    And not turning up in worn-out trainers.

    Oh my!

    I did notice this when i turned up for Peris one year, and there was a triathlon in Llanberis on the same day.

    Never seen such a bunch of posers!!

  9. #6969
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post

    But cycling is about posing and style and fashion and flashing the cash and having the latest thing and presence and cutting a dash at the coffee stop dear boy.
    Ah, so that's where I have been going wrong. Mind you, I do still have a pair of cycling trousers made by Hebden Cord, from the days when Hebden Bridge's main claim to fame was the manufacture of trousers.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

  10. #6970
    Master PeteS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mostly Worcestershire
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Oh golly gosh! That must be down to Brett. Wow! How perceptive of you to notice.

    I think it is rather fetching in a subtle, understated way.

    It's the top I wear when I feel like a little ray of sunshine amongst all these black bike, black kit, black looks riders - just so dull, dull, dull.

    It's Mercatone Uno as worn by CL's (and my) very,very favourite rider - Marco Pantani - and also has logos for Girmi, Magniflex and, of course, Bianchi.

    Il Pirata is also my favourite rider. I have this jersey which gets an airing when I feel I'm in the mood to justify wearing it. Still trying to get hold of the blue (TDF) version if you see one.
    DSC_5890 (2).JPG
    Going downhill fast

Similar Threads

  1. Overnight road bike ride
    By fishbulb in forum Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-09-2019, 03:52 PM
  2. first ride on the road bike:-(
    By SEFTON in forum Training
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-01-2011, 08:28 PM
  3. so you think you ride a bike
    By IanDarkpeak in forum General chat!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 11:28 PM
  4. Anyone fancy a bike ride?
    By JeffM in forum Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-05-2009, 01:41 PM
  5. Easter Lakes Bike ride.
    By Al Fowler in forum General chat!
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •