Page 283 of 847 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383783 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 8461

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Satmap Active 10 bike.
    Just bought it from Amazon.
    Costs a fortune. I waited long but now is coming ...

With Le Tour fever I got my Ribble out just now.

I decided on my local 12 mille route through the country lanes and through a couple of small villages/hamlets before hitting a few big A roads and finising the Lolly-pop shaped loop back into my village.

Theres a few sharp climbs to trash my quads (but nothing major climbing wise for all you seasoned roadies - 645 feet total) with a head-wind on every bloody stretch of road.
    I was banking on being able to belt it down some of the fast down hills but the wind was horrendous.

12 miles - 38:30mins, Ave 18.9mph.
    Knocked 3 minutes off my previous best for the route even against the head winds. Quads are destroyed now.

Pretty rubbish really but I gave it my all....and I even got a smile and a hello from 3 hot girls out on their horses whilst I was climbing the first hill
    Last edited by Al Fowler; 04-07-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Al - it won't take you long to realise it's always bloody windy on the bike, especially round here, don't worry I'll take you out for a draft!! x

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    With Le Tour fever I got my Ribble out just now.

I decided on my local 12 mille route through the country lanes and through a couple of small villages/hamlets before hitting a few big A roads and finising the Lolly-pop shaped loop back into my village.

Theres a few sharp climbs to trash my quads (but nothing major climbing wise for all you seasoned roadies - 645 feet total) with a head-wind on every bloody stretch of road.
    I was banking on being able to belt it down some of the fast down hills but the wind was horrendous.

12 miles - 38:30mins, Ave 18.9mph.
    Knocked 3 minutes off my previous best for the route even against the head winds. Quads are destroyed now.

Pretty rubbish really but I gave it my all....and I even got a smile and a hello from 3 hot girls out on their horses whilst I was climbing the first hill

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Al - it won't take you long to realise it's always bloody windy on the bike, especially round here, don't worry I'll take you out for a draft!! x
    Sounds good to me!

No cycling whatsoever this weekend! Apart from watching some of my friends race in the national masters track champs this afternoon

Raced 3x last week though, Tues 10m tt, pb, Thursday circuit race, 5th, Friday crit, 4th... so legs were shot and needed a rest
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

no biking all weekend

Blimey - Todays Bike ride on page 3 - are we all watching le tour?!

45 miles for me ce soir.

Heading out through the villages of woodplumpton, Inskip, Elswick then picking up the not so pleasant A6 to Fleetwood although did a bit of a detour and headed through Poulton le Fylde and onward to the prom at Blackpool joining it at South Shore - Bispham. Took a pic of the tower and the sea - the tide was in but don't know how to take it off the iphone. Nice bracing headwind for what seemed a flippin age and given the time of year (and night) Blackpool wasn't half busy, loads of regeneration work going on they must have spent a fortune, looks a lot better than it did and those donuts always smell better than they look - no I didn't buy any!!

Back through St Annes and Lytham, Warton etc....had to race the sunset as my back light came off somewhere on route - only noticed when I went to switch it on

Ave 18mph for me, err forgot to stop the watch when I had a quick break for the photo opportunity and IT WAS WINDY - again!!

45 miles for me ce soir.

Heading out through the villages of woodplumpton, Inskip, Elswick then picking up the not so pleasant A6 to Fleetwood although did a bit of a detour and headed through Poulton le Fylde and onward to the prom at Blackpool joining it at South Shore - Bispham. Took a pic of the tower and the sea - the tide was in but don't know how to take it off the iphone. Nice bracing headwind for what seemed a flippin age and given the time of year (and night) Blackpool wasn't half busy, loads of regeneration work going on they must have spent a fortune, looks a lot better than it did and those donuts always smell better than they look - no I didn't buy any!!

Back through St Annes and Lytham, Warton etc....had to race the sunset as my back light came off somewhere on route - only noticed when I went to switch it on

Ave 18mph for me, err forgot to stop the watch when I had a quick break for the photo opportunity and IT WAS WINDY - again!!
    sounds like a good ride out.
    any fell races planned for the near future?

Master and MR

45 miles for me ce soir.

is that the flat route ?
    40miles for me with a few climbs and yes I BLOODY FELL OFF due to some stupid woman on a phone. Grrrrrrr, I had to jump the kerb but came down heavy. Bit of road rash but the bike escaped unscathed. She drove away chatting on the phone oblivious.

Very odd stage on the tour today. Chavanel winning on a Mercyx bike in Belgium. With Eddy at the finish.
    How cool is that.

Master and MR

Ho Ho