Page 725 of 749 FirstFirst ... 225625675715723724725726727735 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,250 of 7490

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

https://www.strava.com/activities/4840718649
    Today first climbing this year
    Distance 45km, climbing 740m, 2h15m
    I live in flatlands and I hate it. Can't have everything from life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    https://www.strava.com/activities/4840718649
    Today first climbing this year
    Distance 45km, climbing 740m, 2h15m
    I live in flatlands and I hate it. Can't have everything from life.
    The requested activity could not be found

I'm not sure how best to share strava activities.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post

I'm not sure how best to share strava activities.
    I'm not sure neither.
    I guess Strava blocked you because I don't have you included as a follower. I'd be glad to add you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    I'm not sure neither.
    I guess Strava blocked you because I don't have you included as a follower. I'd be glad to add you.
    Yes perhaps. I think the easiest way to do this is for you to post your Strava profile page - I can then follow you from there. Mine's here if anyone wants to follow me: https://www.strava.com/athletes/15135388

Thanks. That worked, I can now see your activities. Some good photos on there too.

15 degrees with a strong (15-20mph) southerly wind. Cloudy with glimmers of sun. Started off with shorts and short-sleeve top with arm warmers, which I quickly had to remove before overheating. 32-3km, 84 metres of ascent - 65 minutes.

Just for a change I went round part of the Lichfield ring road, underneath the West coast mainline railway and past the ditch where I found my last but two bike. No bikes today. Continued past Curborough sewage works, which processes what the people of Lichfield can't, and on to see the HS2 'works' where it crosses the A515. Couldn't really see anything different from last time I went this way on Christmas day, certainly no sign to indicate that there will be a railway here. Lots of people in hard hats though, and also 4 x 4 vehicles with contractors names on them.

North on the A515 to meet the River Trent, just North of King's Bromley, which was just about within its banks. Turned around here and then headed East against a difficult crosswind on the A513 past the Wat Mahathat Temple and Buddhist Monastery. Crossed over the A38 at Alrewas and then entered the Tame Valley. No flooding here, and the river looked to be at a normal level. Continued along the A513 until Elford before turning off and crossing the Tame again, followed by the West Coast mainline railway again.

Saw 5 cyclists, all wearing long tops and bottoms. If you don't wear shorts in 15 degrees C, how warm does it have to get?
    Last edited by Marco; 24-02-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Or the universe messing with you to see how low you will go
    There is a limit?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

15 degrees with a strong (15-20mph) southerly wind. Cloudy with glimmers of sun. Started off with shorts and short-sleeve top with arm warmers, which I quickly had to remove before overheating. 32-3km, 84 metres of ascent - 65 minutes.

Just for a change I went round part of the Lichfield ring road, underneath the West coast mainline railway and past the ditch where I found my last but two bike. No bikes today. Continued past Curborough sewage works, which processes what the people of Lichfield can't, and on to see the HS2 'works' where it crosses the A515. Couldn't really see anything different from last time I went this way on Christmas day, certainly no sign to indicate that there will be a railway here. Lots of people in hard hats though, and also 4 x 4 vehicles with contractors names on them.

North on the A515 to meet the River Trent, just North of King's Bromley, which was just about within its banks. Turned around here and then headed East against a difficult crosswind on the A513 past the Wat Mahathat Temple and Buddhist Monastery. Crossed over the A38 at Alrewas and then entered the Tame Valley. No flooding here, and the river looked to be at a normal level. Continued along the A513 until Elford before turning off and crossing the Tame again, followed by the West Coast mainline railway again.

Saw 5 cyclists, all wearing long tops and bottoms. If you don't wear shorts in 15 degrees C, how warm does it have to get?
    15 degrees? I reckon it reached a mighty 6 degrees here today.... in the pissing rain

Yes, but how many different types of running shoe do you own?
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Touche!

3 for me! Road, fell (good), fell (old)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    However, my running shoe collection tops this by some way. I think I've got 6 pairs on the go at the moment.
    Amateurs the pair of you

I've got 7 different types: XC spikes, Track spikes, Trail, Road, Barefoot, Fell and Training shoes and I'm not able to run anymore! I will have to have a stock-take, but it's over 10 pairs as I've got at least two of most of the above.

One day soon I'll go through the shoe cupboard, aka the extensive racking above the downstairs toilet, to give you the definitive figure for your amusement

3 Fell
    2 Trail
    2 XC spikes
    2 Road racing
    1 Track spikes
    1 Barefoot
    4 Training pairs (2 really past their best)

As a retired runner I think this must make me the Imelda Marcos, (or should that be Marco Imeldas), of Staffordshire - unless someone out there can beat this