Page 777 of 782 FirstFirst ... 277677727767775776777778779 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,770 of 7818

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

  1. #7761
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    633
    What a ride by Lizzie Deignan today! Otley's finest. Dad, John is a past V60 winner of the 3 peaks and Mum, Carol a past womens winner of the Full Tour of Pendle. Good genes must help.

  2. #7762
    Master PeteS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    What a ride by Lizzie Deignan today! Otley's finest. Dad, John is a past V60 winner of the 3 peaks and Mum, Carol a past womens winner of the Full Tour of Pendle. Good genes must help.
    A fine ride by Lizzie to hold off Vos and what an addition to her palmares to be first woman to win Paris-Roubaix.
    Yes I know this race can be a lottery but that is why it is such a spectacle and such compelling viewing. I loved the fact the Trek-Segafredo got 2 riders on the podium yet the team car had a puncture.
    Hopefully tomorrows race lives up to expectations.

  3. #7763
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    A fine ride by Lizzie to hold off Vos and what an addition to her palmares to be first woman to win Paris-Roubaix.
    Yes I know this race can be a lottery but that is why it is such a spectacle and such compelling viewing. I loved the fact the Trek-Segafredo got 2 riders on the podium yet the team car had a puncture.
    Hopefully tomorrows race lives up to expectations.
    I think her team had decided they really wanted to win it (Rouleur has an article about her special bike/gearing and how long they spent recceing) and the other teams didn't or hadn't worked out how to ride it or the riders just didn't want Vos to win so never chased Deignan down.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 03-10-2021 at 08:19 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

  4. #7764
    Master Witton Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    8,388
    Excellent performance and win, but Paris-Roubaix? It started something like 150 miles north of Paris and 40 miles from Roubaix.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

  5. #7765
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Excellent performance and win, but Paris-Roubaix? It started something like 150 miles north of Paris and 40 miles from Roubaix.
    Indeed. Like having the Llanbedr-Blaenafon fell race starting from Abergavenny.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

  6. #7766
    Master molehill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rhandirmwyn
    Posts
    3,813
    A plod up and down the hill on gravel, forest tracks. Gave me 9.5 miles and 1900ft.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

  7. #7767
    Master molehill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rhandirmwyn
    Posts
    3,813
    Not been on the bike for a while and not the road bike for a longer while. Fitted in a 26 miles with 3600ft ride this afternoon - not fast but a few hills to keep me honest and remind me that I need to train!!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

  8. #7768
    A 33.33 miles (1450feet) dawdle towards genteel Harrogate on the Boardman ADV plus 3.2 miles on the Bianchi on the way for its service. I mentioned that it (the latter) was a bit noisy and was wondering about the Bottom Bracket but the mechanic thought it was the chain and cassette. Whilst recovering from the likely cost of this (plus wheel trueing, new blocks et al)I noticed that of the 20 or so Bianchi bikes on display in Woodrup (Kirkstall in Leeds)19 were equipped with Shimano, none had SRAM and just one had Campagnolo.

    I muttered "Italian bike, Italian equipment?" on my way out and received a shrug in response.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 16-10-2021 at 11:54 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

  9. #7769
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Posts
    1,875
    I frequently go off-road on my touring bike, but it's been few years since I last ground to a halt due to sticky mud clogging up the space between tyre and mudguard. I you ever feel tempted to cycle along Occupation Lane near Willoughby-on-the-Wolds on anything other than a mountain bike, don't!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

  10. #7770
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I frequently go off-road on my touring bike, but it's been few years since I last ground to a halt due to sticky mud clogging up the space between tyre and mudguard. I you ever feel tempted to cycle along Occupation Lane near Willoughby-on-the-Wolds on anything other than a mountain bike, don't!

    I think mountain bikers only do it to get muddy. Basically - they never grew out of splashing in puddles.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Similar Threads

  1. Overnight road bike ride
    By fishbulb in forum Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-09-2019, 03:52 PM
  2. first ride on the road bike:-(
    By SEFTON in forum Training
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-01-2011, 08:28 PM
  3. so you think you ride a bike
    By IanDarkpeak in forum General chat!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 11:28 PM
  4. Anyone fancy a bike ride?
    By JeffM in forum Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-05-2009, 01:41 PM
  5. Easter Lakes Bike ride.
    By Al Fowler in forum General chat!
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •