Page 765 of 846 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,650 of 8451

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    A fine ride by Lizzie to hold off Vos and what an addition to her palmares to be first woman to win Paris-Roubaix.
    Yes I know this race can be a lottery but that is why it is such a spectacle and such compelling viewing. I loved the fact the Trek-Segafredo got 2 riders on the podium yet the team car had a puncture.
    Hopefully tomorrows race lives up to expectations.
    I think her team had decided they really wanted to win it (Rouleur has an article about her special bike/gearing and how long they spent recceing) and the other teams didn't or hadn't worked out how to ride it or the riders just didn't want Vos to win so never chased Deignan down.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 03-10-2021 at 08:19 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Excellent performance and win, but Paris-Roubaix? It started something like 150 miles north of Paris and 40 miles from Roubaix.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Excellent performance and win, but Paris-Roubaix? It started something like 150 miles north of Paris and 40 miles from Roubaix.
    Indeed. Like having the Llanbedr-Blaenafon fell race starting from Abergavenny.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

A plod up and down the hill on gravel, forest tracks. Gave me 9.5 miles and 1900ft.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Not been on the bike for a while and not the road bike for a longer while. Fitted in a 26 miles with 3600ft ride this afternoon - not fast but a few hills to keep me honest and remind me that I need to train!!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

A 33.33 miles (1450feet) dawdle towards genteel Harrogate on the Boardman ADV plus 3.2 miles on the Bianchi on the way for its service. I mentioned that it (the latter) was a bit noisy and was wondering about the Bottom Bracket but the mechanic thought it was the chain and cassette. Whilst recovering from the likely cost of this (plus wheel trueing, new blocks et al)I noticed that of the 20 or so Bianchi bikes on display in Woodrup (Kirkstall in Leeds)19 were equipped with Shimano, none had SRAM and just one had Campagnolo.

I muttered "Italian bike, Italian equipment?" on my way out and received a shrug in response.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 16-10-2021 at 11:54 PM.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I frequently go off-road on my touring bike, but it's been few years since I last ground to a halt due to sticky mud clogging up the space between tyre and mudguard. I you ever feel tempted to cycle along Occupation Lane near Willoughby-on-the-Wolds on anything other than a mountain bike, don't!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I frequently go off-road on my touring bike, but it's been few years since I last ground to a halt due to sticky mud clogging up the space between tyre and mudguard. I you ever feel tempted to cycle along Occupation Lane near Willoughby-on-the-Wolds on anything other than a mountain bike, don't!

I think mountain bikers only do it to get muddy. Basically - they never grew out of splashing in puddles.

Well, this weekend's cycle

Friday - Cononley to Ingleton 42.15 mi 2,651 ft
    Saturday - Ingleton to Grinton 61.17 mi 3,924 ft
    Sunday - Grinton back home via Park Rash 46.07 mi 3,425 ft

Fantastic weekend with much laughter and there might have been beer!

Master
    I have no doubt most on the forum know the steep rocky zig-zag descent from the top of Fairfield down to the col between Seat Sandal and Fairfield - the last time I went down it there were a couple of mountain bikers descending the route - I was half expecting to see body parts scattered over the fell side, but no, they got down without incident. Very brave and skilful.