Page 716 of 846 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717718726766816 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,160 of 8454

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    What the heck? 32.3 Fahrenheit? Surely you mean 273.317 Kelvin
    Oh yes. That sounds much warmer.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Today: distance 48km, climb 897m, 15 hill reps.
    I'm local legend now with 54 efforts in the last 90 days (actually last 8 days), second is a guy with 27 efforts.

14 and a bit miles and 1,325 feet for me yesterday lunchtime. Straight up the road from home to Ribblehead, right on the Hawes road but only to just past Gearstones, where I went off piste on the Dales Way (the first bit of the Cam High Road). This pretty immediately turns into a fantastic dirt and stones 450 foot climb to the top of Cam End, where I then hooked right following the Pennine Way. Here it was now mostly gradual down hill bouncy rubble until Ling Gill, where the going became grassier and softer before picking up tarmac again at High Birkwith and a fast undulating 3 mile run in to home

Last edited by Fellbeast; 04-03-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes Graham, but how many times did Boardman win the Tour de France? Ottavio Bottecchia won two, and finished second once, and he only completed the race 3 times. I've seen his 1925 race winning bike too.

And, as I'm sure you know, he was the first Italian to win the Tour de France
    I also know he was found by the side of the road apparently beaten and died at 32 which may have been connected with his reluctance to support the fascist cause.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Have you found a different hill to last year?
    No. Falkensteiner, same hill as last year I'm afraid
    I live in flatland and I hate it. The only possibility of climbing is by doing hill reps on this minuscule hill. Bigger hills are hours of driving away.

I remember at the time I applied for this job thinking "the job will be great, but damn I will be living in flatlands and I will hate it". Now 10yr later I can confirm at least the job is good.

My next race is in the dolomites, over 4000m of climbing.

I did exactly the opposite moving from Birmingham to the Peak District leaving a great job for one I knew I wouldn't like. Job lasted 6 years I was made redundant, the hills are still here so its all good.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    No. Falkensteiner, same hill as last year I'm afraid
    I live in flatland and I hate it. The only possibility of climbing is by doing hill reps on this minuscule hill. Bigger hills are hours of driving away.

I remember at the time I applied for this job thinking "the job will be great, but damn I will be living in flatlands and I will hate it". Now 10yr later I can confirm at least the job is good.
    Just be thankful that you don't live in Bremen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._German_states
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Just be thankful that you don't live in Bremen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._German_states
    I'm amused that the rubbish tip is higher than any of the natural hills.

This is why toeclips are more suitable for most cyclists; you can get off easily and walk around and enjoy the view and then send us great photos of it for us to savour
    I’ve actually removed my toe clips now and replaced them with pedals that have the threaded grip pins sticking out. These I really really like and get on with....... apart that is from stabbing myself a couple of times in the calf, walking the bike out the back gate

16 hill reps
    49km, 953m, 2:38