Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderation

Moderation

Tried to post a new thread earlier (about signage/junk on the fells)- several attempts and again message saying needing to wait for moderation, but with the thread disappearing again and never being posted. Tech hitch or a mod being selective as to who can post?
    Am Yisrael Chai

I received the post twice Mossdog, at 8.38 and 9.08 and replied to the first one.

Both are still on the thread, along with my reply.

Can you not see them?.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I can see it, but it's tagged as "moderated" (I'm not sure why). I have an option to "approve posts" - I can't see anything potentially troubling, so I'll approve it.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I can see it, but it's tagged as "moderated" (I'm not sure why). I have an option to "approve posts" - I can't see anything potentially troubling, so I'll approve it.
    Noel,

Envious as I am that Mossdog alone of posters is forever claiming to suffer moderation (although he might just be a needy attention seeker) how does the moderation system work?

Or is the process of moderation kept secret from the moderators in case they reveal it to non-moderators which would allow the clearly elite and occasionally moderated Mossdog gain an insight into how to avoid being moderated which would make the life of we humble never moderated posters a lot duller?

Intrigued of Ilkley.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 31-10-2023 at 10:27 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Noel,

Envious as I am that Mossdog alone of posters is forever claiming to suffer moderation (although he might just be a needy attention seeker) how does the moderation system work?

Or is the process of moderation kept secret from the moderators in case they reveal it to non-moderators which would allow the clearly elite and occasionally moderated Mossdog gain an insight into how to avoid being moderated which would make the life of we humble never moderated posters a lot duller?

Intrigued of Ilkley.
    Being a needy attention seeker AND being persecuted by the Lizard people are not mutually exclusive, don't cha know Graham!

I've worked hard on this forum to ascend to my nonpareil status. You just need to develop a certain cussed élan and the Saurians will single you out too.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Being a needy attention seeker AND being persecuted by the Lizard people are not mutually exclusive, don't cha know Graham!

I've worked hard on this forum to ascend to my nonpareil status. You just need to develop a certain cussed élan and the Saurians will single you out too.
    Am Yisrael Chai

You're a true gent.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Looks to me as there is some sort of delay on your posts as often we get double, occasionally triple.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Noel,

Intrigued of Ilkley.
    I haven't received any training, but when I was made a moderator there were extra buttons available. I think I've only used them twice so far. Once when we got one of those "click here to see sports supplements blah..." messages. And once earlier today to approve Mossdog's message.

I haven't received any training, but when I was made a moderator there were extra buttons available. I think I've only used them twice so far. Once when we got one of those "click here to see sports supplements blah..." messages. And once earlier today to approve Mossdog's message.
    Buttons!

You've got extra buttons!!

This is obviously a two-tier forum and the verdancy of my envy is matched only by one of Mossdog's lizards.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".