Page 740 of 846 FirstFirst ... 240640690730738739740741742750790840 ... LastLast
Results 7,391 to 7,400 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Thanks for that advice, I shall certainly be looking into some proper gear once the new bike arrives - scheduled build in a weeks time, so getting closer.
    Proper gear will be functional rather than Italian cool like Graham B, I would never pull that off as too many years a ultra scruffy fell runner. Can't dress up a cart horse to look like a race horse, even on a plastic bike!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I feel your pain on the getting cold while cycling front; I’ve had a few dodgy moments over the past 4 months including excruciatingly cold hands just from not thinking to wear gloves on a short sharp six mile blast

My ride yesterday was the Settle Loop from home. Just over 21 miles and 2,400 feet of ascent. The Settle loop is a well known MTB trail, out over the tops towards Malham following the Dales Highway to a high point at Nappa Cross, overlooking Malhamdale and Malham Tarn, and then looping back on the Pennine Bridleway. All in all a cracking route from Horton

And of course, like pretty much any ride around here, a humdinger of a hill climb was included too, up Mitchell Lane out of Settle - with my HR chest strap on, I hit 174 bpm

I've seen the lidl cycling stuff, in fact I bought my cycle work stand from there over a year ago and it's just fine for all my needs. And was cheap.
    Thanks for reminding me to keep an eye out for their cycling week.

Just a modest 9 miles back from Guiseley Halfords having recovered my Boardman ADV from a first service with 1400 miles on the Garmin. And of course a new freewheel under warranty.

So now looking forward to rain when I keep the blue bike in its heated thermal jacket and tackle Yorkshire's Grimmest Climbs on the ADV. Where I am relaxed about those things with engines on climbs above 20% as long as they are zipping up and along at 15 mph.

It does give one such an incentive
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 06-05-2021 at 02:43 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Had my second jab this morning, excuse not to go out (gentle fishing instead), but my friend a couple of houses up -who I would call a proper cyclist - managed 160k with 3600m ascent round mainly back roads of mid Wales.
    Which goes to show we have hills too! But way out of my league, unless I went electric and towed a little trailer with spare batteries 🤔.

Not over Bolton Abbey / Cavendish bridge

Wtf...

As an aside

I stopped going to the Cavendish Pavilion many years ago after a long ride Gaz Shaw and I asked for Cheesy beans on toast.

We were told that the Pavillion only did cheese on toast or beans on toast

Stuff the Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    As an aside

I stopped going to the Cavendish Pavilion many years ago after a long ride Gaz Shaw and I asked for Cheesy beans on toast.

We were told that the Pavillion only did cheese on toast or beans on toast

Stuff the Duke!
    I must test that in Betty's.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Mr Strava gave me cup for being 3rd fastest over an 8k section of gravel today 💪 and only 36 seconds behind the king!
    I admit it is not the most hotly contested section, but with my age and ability I am happy to take any cups going.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.