Page 680 of 846 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690730780 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 8454

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

A late start this morning but it felt cold at 11 when I set off which caused me to make the schoolboy error of too many layers.
    A very breezy 32 miles and 2'887feet in 2hrs 8min. Down to Conksbury and up to Friden via Youlgreave. A few miles along the 515 before a nice tailwind back to Biggin, Heathcote and up Long Dale to Earl Sterndale where a right took me to Hurdlow Town and then back on the 515 where I stopped at the newly refurbished Bull i' Thorn for a Latte.
    A warm 10 miles home via Flagg and Monyash where I managed to unknowingly bag a KOM.

A lot of walkers about and a few groups of cyclists, two of which were wearing club jerseys from area's that are under level 3 Covid restrictions!
    I also visited Bakewell today, which is sill in level 1, and it was full of people with Sheffield and Manchester accents. Obviously the "advice" not to travel is not being taken by some.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Wasn't there some one on here recently who bemoaned the lack of good british cyclists. I give you Teo and another Brit in the top ten of the Giro!

53km 1200m
    From Pinneberg to Blankenese, 20 hill reps on the biggest hill there (the biggest in the area, but at 66m still very small), and back.
    Training for the summer events, the legendary Charly Gaul on Bondone, and the Maratona dles Dolomites. The latter has a long course 138km 4000m, I'm afraid I'll have to settle x the short one of 106km 3000m. But Dolomites is still the most beautiful place I know. It's Italy so even better.

Strava is telling me this hill is 66m, I did it 20 times, plus getting there and back (this is fairly flat), and the total comes at 1190m.
    Yes, weird....

After my calf injury from trying to run yesterday, had a go on the bike to see if I could ride. Walking to the shed a wasp stung me on the ankle (bad leg obviously), plonked some cream on it and went for short ride, but uphill. 8.8 miles and 1540ft was enough for today, calf ok for biking but wasp sting sore!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Yes. Flat and boring. I took this into account when I decided to apply x this job.
    At least I live not even half a mile from a very gorgeous forest, running heaven.

It's because the area is so flat that I climb on every ride 20 times the same 66m hill. All in all 54km 1200m not too bad. Thinking to go for 30 times eventually, would change to 65km 1860m, not perfect but not bad either x climbing training...

Mind you, I grew up 20miles from the Alps. I could see Monte Rosa 150miles off from my window. Those 20yr I told my parents I hated we were so "far" from the Alps.

Now it's 1000km😂🤪☹️

A cold and windy morning greeted me for 40 miles and 4'213 feet in a slow 2hrs 55min.
    Down to Conksbury and Youlgreave before the climb up to Friden. South into the wind along the 515 but I was unable to turn right where I wanted to due to a constant stream of articulated quarry lorries whizzing past me.
    Fortunately I didn't have to stay on the 515 to its terminus in Lichfield as I was eventually able to turn right down to the picturesque Milldale and then up to Alstonefield.
    A bit of a zigzag from there taking in Hulme End, Brund, Longnor, Crowdecote and Earl Sterndale. Back over the 515 and down to Flagg, Monyash, Sheldon and home.

No refreshment stop today as the skies were darkening and it proved a good decision as it pissed it down 5 minutes after getting home!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

A cold, windy and eventually wet 35 miles (1600 feet) through the south-of-Harrogate villages. I would suggest it's grim up North but anyone who knows Kirkby Overblow, Pannal or North Rigton etc would know I was lying.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    A cold, windy and eventually wet 35 miles (1600 feet) through the south-of-Harrogate villages. I would suggest it's grim up North but anyone who knows Kirkby Overblow, Pannal or North Rigton etc would know I was lying.
    I only know Pannal as i "park and rode" from Pannal into Harrogate on the train on the day the TdF came through. My main memory of that day being my poor mother (terrified of heights) being absolutely petrified as the train went over the Crimple Viaduct....