Page 125 of 847 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Tell me the route...I wanna go!
    Started in Llandefaelog, Lower CHapel, Upper Chapel, over Epynt to Garth, only bit of A road (A483) to Beulah, turn off to Abergwesyn, head for 25% Devil's staircase through some wonderful scenic valleys, crawl over Devil's Staircase, then sweep donw on a wonderful descent, at v-crossing, turn left to Ystradffin, Rhandimyn, Llandovery, Mydffai, towards Llandeusant, but turn left onto the mountain road past Usk reservoir, turn right just before Trecastle, left at T-junction, left again, cross over A40 to Pentrefelin, Tralong, Aberbran, Aberyscir, Cradoc, T-junction with B4520, turn left and back to Llandefaelog...

We took one scenic detour on this route, to make another 10 kms or so...

BRILLIANT ride, views spectacular and LOTS of climbing.

So pleased to have done the Devil's Staircase now... Mind you, it was on the very edge of my capabilities, I only just managed to crawl up there, should not have been steeper or longer or I would not have made it! But so so incredibly beautiful HIGHLY recommended!
    Last edited by Hanneke; 03-08-2009 at 10:24 AM.
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Brill ride hanneke, it is fantastic countryside with lots!!! of hills. Looks pretty similar to the 80mile loop I did from Brecon to take in DC before the T de G, the only differences being the obligatory extra climb over Gamalt to the PITMON, and then a more direct route back from Llandovery. Mind you I was bu**ered by then!!

And did about 60 yesterday, Rhigos, Bwlch, bloo** Gilfach Goch, and Col du garth to finish off!

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    Brill ride hanneke, it is fantastic countryside with lots!!! of hills. Looks pretty similar to the 80mile loop I did from Brecon to take in DC before the T de G, the only differences being the obligatory extra climb over Gamalt to the PITMON, and then a more direct route back from Llandovery. Mind you I was bu**ered by then!!

And did about 60 yesterday, Rhigos, Bwlch, bloo** Gilfach Goch, and Col du garth to finish off!
    Indeed, very similar route Toff brilliant, isn't it? I did not know where this legendary PITMON was, I looked out for it... should have checked with you beforehand!

Our next ride will be similar to what you did yesterday! I am intent on doing all the climbs we missed out in at the TdG...

Oh and my friend rode the Gospel Pass this morning (again! he is a sucker for punishment and has now ridden it in both directions ) while I was at work and we went out for another 78 kms this afternoon, Abergavenny/Usk/Raglan/Abergavenny and back, so not too much climbing but VERY windy! And on tired legs...

But after the Devil's Staircase, I feel like I can climb more or less anything

A local cx ride of discovery today with a good deal of nettle leg lashing thrown in. Linked up a few local trails that I had not run on before and was surprised just how many green areas we actually have within the town.
    Lots of road biking to come this week, seem to be racking up a few race entries including the 12 hour in September

Super Moderator

90mins on mtb on road with K&C friends. Dear old Antisocial gave me a cereal bar when I was starting to bonk, 'Derby, have this mate!' - top man
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    A local cx ride of discovery today with a good deal of nettle leg lashing thrown in. Linked up a few local trails that I had not run on before and was surprised just how many green areas we actually have within the town.
    Lots of road biking to come this week, seem to be racking up a few race entries including the 12 hour in September
    A 12 hour

That scares me, as some of my friends are trying to convince me to do a 12 hour...

Don't know how well I would do, but it has been estimated I should do well over 200 miles... I am not sure my bottom wants to be on the bike for 12 hours though and it is laps... But I have been thinking titanium road bike, with clip on aero bars and swapping between the deep section carbon wheels with tubs and the Mavic Ksyrium SL's... and swapping to the TT bike with deep section front wheel and (borrowed) disc wheel on the back for the last couple of hours...

Talking Re: Todays Bike Ride

An easy hour on the road in Bowland my 1st ride out on my immaculate vintage Olmo so was on just a tester n tweaker
    And getting used to non indexed down tube shifters again!! fiddle fiddle
    I might be Tup , But not too Tup to know that I am Tup:w00t:

He actually found that particular bar sometime last year, discarded on a local 25 TT

Took it home but the dog wouldn't eat it

He's been carrying round ever since.

He's always said he'll find someone who wouldn't give a flying thing - Derby, you were that Tup!

Interestingly, the last cyclist that tried eating it brought it straight back up.

HTH - brettt

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    90mins on mtb on road with K&C friends. Dear old Antisocial gave me a cereal bar when I was starting to bonk, 'Derby, have this mate!' - top man

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    He actually found that particular bar sometime last year, discarded on a local 25 TT

Took it home but the dog wouldn't eat it

He's been carrying round ever since.

He's always said he'll find someone who wouldn't give a flying thing - Derby, you were that Tup!

Interestingly, the last cyclist that tried eating it brought it straight back up.

HTH - brettt
    I'll stick to potted meat sarnies for future rides.
    Poacher turned game-keeper