Page 141 of 846 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    No punctures since swapping the front tyre. But like Ady says the Mich pro 3s are a bit expensive nowadays.
    Quite a few pairs on ebay at 21 quid each including delivery which is a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    12 hour TT Sunday
    Where's it at Ady?? Good luck

A6, Stakepool, Inskip, Cockerham area. 6:30 kick off

A6, Stakepool, Inskip, Cockerham area. 6:30 kick off
    Ah will be on the way back from Fort William doubt I'll be back by then or would have popped over to hurl abuse errrr shout support!!

30 miles on geared crosser up and around Stoodley Pike, front wheel vanished in a bog, bike stopped dead, i turned into a bird and landed head first in another bog, great fun!
    Bike washed in res, then back to Ripponden for Guinness and peanuts, good day out with great company
    Cream crackered now
    Hills and Guinness!

Just over 227 miles in todays 12 hour TT. Will post report tommoz to bore you with

Super Moderator

Just over 227 miles in todays 12 hour TT. Will post report tommoz to bore you with
    Brilliant stuff Ady - respect is due!!!

Legend, Ady, Legend
    Hills and Guinness!

Lancashire RC 12 Hour 6/9/09
    I quite enjoy a long ride so decided to enter the 12 (along with 3 other club members), quite a niche event which reflects in the number of entries – just 38. There aren't too many 12 hour races annually in the UK and this one was local(ish) to me out on the A6/Fylde. Everything on the run up to the event went well apart from lack of training miles so off I set at 06:34 on a dry and overcast Sunday morning. I had decided to ride to a HR and for the 1st 3 ½ hours I seemed to be moving very well with nobody passing me. My 50 split was just over 22mph but then at 3:25 I started to feel terrible. I was on a section into the wind and I had to drop onto the small ring and my speed dropped from 20 down to 16. For 40 minutes I felt like my body had had enough – little energy, aches, cramps, the voice in my head shouting stop. The keyword to this event seems to be ‘just keep going’ which sums it up very well. I carried on but left it in the small ring and soon rode through the bad patch. After that I felt good all afternoon with no other lows. I rode on the small ring for around 4 hours before banging the 53 back in and then it stayed in. After the 4 hour mark my HR dropped 10 into the high 140’s (around 45 less than max) and stayed constant at that for the rest of the day so I suspect I had set off a little too quickly. Around 20 club members were out on the course at various times of the day shouting support and offering up bottles which really gave a boost and put me on a high. In the last 4 hours of the race I was able to wind it up and managed to finish very strongly, getting my average back up from the morning’s slow section. My eating/drink strategy went without a hitch and 2 hours from the end I stuffed a Zipvit caffeine gel into my cake hole which was like pressing a turbo button. For around an hour I was flying, leaving behind 3 guys that I had been close to for an hour or so – great stuff but tasted bloody awful! This morning my left hand is still tingling and my legs are a little on the stiff side and I expect I will eat like a horse today! I Am yet to look at my Garmin which should have recorded the ride and managed to stay on for 12 hours, albeit with a battery low alert for the last hour. A few days off now before some running and cycling in Sunny Mallorca and fingers crossed for some fell races when I get back!

Stats:
    5 Litres of fluid (mosty PSP22 & GO)
    5 Bannanas
    6 cold sausages
    5 PSP GO gels
    1 Zipvit caffeine Gel (turbo tackle)
    2 Terys Chocolate orange bars

227.94 miles covered (19 average as near as damn it) with 3,500' of ascent.
    1st Team (twenty quid each)
    2nd team counter (got beat by 3 miles from an 18,000 mile a year clubmate)
    Winner did 253 miles
    Last edited by Ady In Accy; 07-09-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Master and MR

Lancashire RC 12 Hour 6/9/09
    I quite enjoy a long ride so decided to enter the 12 (along with 3 other club members), quite a niche event which reflects in the number of entries – just 38. There aren't too many 12 hour races annually in the UK and this one was local(ish) to me out on the A6/Fylde. Everything on the run up to the event went well apart from lack of training miles so off I set at 06:34 on a dry and overcast Sunday morning. I had decided to ride to a HR and for the 1st 3 ½ hours I seemed to be moving very well with nobody passing me. My 50 split was just over 22mph but then at 3:25 I started to feel terrible. I was on a section into the wind and I had to drop onto the small ring and my speed dropped from 20 down to 16. For 40 minutes I felt like my body had had enough – little energy, aches, cramps, the voice in my head shouting stop. The keyword to this event seems to be ‘just keep going’ which sums it up very well. I carried on but left it in the small ring and soon rode through the bad patch. After that I felt good all afternoon with no other lows. I rode on the small ring for around 4 hours before banging the 53 back in and then it stayed in. After the 4 hour mark my HR dropped 10 into the high 140’s (around 45 less than max) and stayed constant at that for the rest of the day so I suspect I had set off a little too quickly. Around 20 club members were out on the course at various times of the day shouting support and offering up bottles which really gave a boost and put me on a high. In the last 4 hours of the race I was able to wind it up and managed to finish very strongly, getting my average back up from the morning’s slow section. My eating/drink strategy went without a hitch and 2 hours from the end I stuffed a Zipvit caffeine gel into my cake hole which was like pressing a turbo button. For around an hour I was flying, leaving behind 3 guys that I had been close to for an hour or so – great stuff but tasted bloody awful! This morning my left hand is still tingling and my legs are a little on the stiff side and I expect I will eat like a horse today! I Am yet to look at my Garmin which should have recorded the ride and managed to stay on for 12 hours, albeit with a battery low alert for the last hour. A few days off now before some running and cycling in Sunny Mallorca and fingers crossed for some fell races when I get back!

Stats:
    5 Litres of fluid (mosty PSP22 & GO)
    5 Bannanas
    6 cold sausages
    5 PSP GO gels
    1 Zipvit caffeine Gel (turbo tackle)
    2 Terys Chocolate orange bars

227.8 miles covered (19 average as near as damn it) with 3,500' of ascent.
    1st Team (TBC)
    2nd team counter (got beat by 3 miles from an 18,000 mile a year clubmate)
    Winner did 253 miles
    brilliant Ady
    Top effort mate. I was thinking about you yesterday.
    A serious question. Do you think you ate enough. ?
    Well done