Page 175 of 847 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Anyone got some welding gear spare - think I might knock one of these up after lunch??

http://road.cc/content/blog/12044-ta...ely-unbalanced
    Would it be legal in the 3PCX though? Would pay good money to watch a tandem descent of Whernside on that

Another ride, another incident. Only 4 of us set off from Whalley this morning on the same 32 mile route round to The Priory at Scoton. I stayed at the front for the duration and at times worked hard, getting to the cafe seconds before a heavy snow shower. Other riders from our club turned up in dribs and drabs and around 12 had lunch. 2 of us decided to take the longer return leg through the Trough of Bowland so off we set up the road quite briskly - for 2 miles anyway. On a slight incline I was out of the saddle and then the freewheel locked, jamming up the back wheel and bending the rear mech and hanger in the process. I managed not to fall off but it was ride over for me. I freewheeld/got pushed back to Scorton just in time to catch one of the lads that came in his car and scrounged a lift home. The joys of winter riding!

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Another ride, another incident. Only 4 of us set off from Whalley this morning on the same 32 mile route round to The Priory at Scoton. I stayed at the front for the duration and at times worked hard, getting to the cafe seconds before a heavy snow shower. Other riders from our club turned up in dribs and drabs and around 12 had lunch. 2 of us decided to take the longer return leg through the Trough of Bowland so off we set up the road quite briskly - for 2 miles anyway. On a slight incline I was out of the saddle and then the freewheel locked, jamming up the back wheel and bending the rear mech and hanger in the process. I managed not to fall off but it was ride over for me. I freewheeld/got pushed back to Scorton just in time to catch one of the lads that came in his car and scrounged a lift home. The joys of winter riding!
    I had that years ago
    Freewheel was totally seized up

Wonder why yours has gone Ady. You were lucky mate. I know its a bit of damage but at least your safe.
    Id certaily be waning to know what caused it though.
    Never had any probs with Campag

Had a fantastic 38 mile solo ride through the Peak District yesterday on snow and ice, managed to stay upright but think I left my fingernails somewhere along the way

Master and MR

Popped into Rouke's today and had a look at an 853 winter frame. Okay so I caved in and booked a measure up for one in Jan.
    Not told her indoooooooors yet

Going to have a slightly diff frame for longer rides , prob a tad shorter on the top tube or the bars a touch higher just to give me a more upright ride.
    More Audax if you like but DEF NO MUDGUARDY THINGS
    First thing Brian said to me was how many times you battled in the wind with those deep rimmed Cosmics that I told you not to have.
    Err lots I replied.

No Xmas club ride out today due to blizzard conditions. Even the drive up to the cafe for our turkey lunch was considered too dodgy. At least I won't fall off today then!

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    No Xmas club ride out today due to blizzard conditions. Even the drive up to the cafe for our turkey lunch was considered too dodgy. At least I won't fall off today then!
    Your a brave man Ady, riding a road bike at any time in the Winter take some bollox!!

I'm waiting for May before mine comes out again, until then, knobbly tyres only

16 miles on the mountain bike in very snowy conditions, brilliant. Especially seeing all the traffic floundering at the on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Popped into Rouke's today and had a look at an 853 winter frame. Okay so I caved in and booked a measure up for one in Jan.
    Not told her indoooooooors yet

Going to have a slightly diff frame for longer rides , prob a tad shorter on the top tube or the bars a touch higher just to give me a more upright ride.
    More Audax if you like but DEF NO MUDGUARDY THINGS
    First thing Brian said to me was how many times you battled in the wind with those deep rimmed Cosmics that I told you not to have.
    Err lots I replied.
    Hi Daz, First of all well done for your result on Tanky's. I noticed you mentioned doing the Audax rides, a friend of mine set up the Audax movement. Unfortunately he was murdered in Africa whilst riding to stop with friends in the 80s. I don't know how much you have done but I do know there is quite a strict protocol one being mudguardy things, PLUS the rear mudguardy things have to have an extension (usually part of a washing up liquid bottle - doesn't have to be fairy liquid). As they are not so much races but a fast paced attack on distance you can imagine a good group not wanting shite sprayed in their faces for 200/300/400 or even 600k. A group I used to go out with would sit anyone who was sans mudguardy things at the back all day.

Anyway enough lecturing, I fancy taking part in next years 'North West Passage 200k' from Rochdale. The first Audax I did ended up with a guy in thick wooly socks and jumper and a very grey Carradice saddle bag pushing me back to the group when I got dropped (needless to say I hadn't judged him properly). If you fancy a ride sometime let me know but I'm afraid the mudguard thing has stuck and come summer the race bike flies.

Still commuting to and from work on the cyclo crosser. Mud guards are good.
    http://www.manxfellrunners.org/
    My island is very nice