Page 176 of 847 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Sportives are the new Audax's apparantly

Mmmmmmm think some of the stalwarts wouldn't agree, I think some of the Sportives are a money making racket. There are enough proper races

Can't imagine some of the people I know doing sportives partaking in the Paris/Brest!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dr H Tool; 23-12-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Goodwill to all men....EXCEPT when you pull up to some red lights and sit wide cos of some ice and the motorist behind threatens to F****** run you over for taking up the road. I tried to explain it was because of the ice.....then asked if he could EVEN SPELL ICE!!!!!!

Makes you wonder if they read the highway code before taking their test, never mind since....

I think he couldn't read!!!! Anyway got to get it out of my head. Have a good one, I'm settling down with a 18 year old Highland Park

Master and MR

25 miles this morning
    very very icy and dodgy really. I returned home and did a 9 mile run with the dog
    This weather isnt helping really but should be okay after today.

78 miles with 12 others on the festive Ribblehead ride out. Made it harder for myself by riding the CX bike with 35mm trail tyres seeing as the winter bike is in bits with mechanical issues and the summer bike is tucked away. A few dig deep sections but managed to keep with the group whilst some dropped off the back due to too much Christmas pudding. Still plenty of snow up there and quite a bit colder than Accy. A bite to eat at Inglesport cafe followed by a brisk ride back - especially the Settle to Paythorne section. Around 17 average so not a bad work out.

Master and MR

A ride to Buxton but the long long way home
    A 123mile epic and just managed to catch the young lady at the burger van on the A6 for a sandwich.

After reaching the Pavillion Gardens in Buxton I was very cold. Ady your right, certainly a dig deep day.
    I set off back down the A6 and thought about heading to the cafe in Tideswell but after nearly bonking on the hill I decided to push on home. A shot block bar saw me back to Bakewell and then the hunger knock really kicked in. I literally freewheeled up to the Burger Van at Whatstandwell in the layby.
    She said " Tea Mr you look dreadfull".
    I replied give me a tea with three sugars and a bacon sandwich. The last two pieces of bacon duly was savaged in ten seconds flat.
    I then set off with vigour. Went through Derby, out to East Mids Airport then across to Gotham and around Nottingham and home.

I wouldnt have made it without an inspirational phone call at about 60miles.

Oh and isnt it just great when your 16 yr old son has run all the hot water off when you arrive home piss wet through.
    A quick half hour with the immersion on and then lay in the bath for an hour.
    Bianchi now lovingly placed in the shed ( thrown)
    About same speed Ady , God it was cold

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    A ride to Buxton but the long long way home
    A 123mile epic and just managed to catch the young lady at the burger van on the A6 for a sandwich.

After reaching the Pavillion Gardens in Buxton I was very cold. Ady your right, certainly a dig deep day.
    I set off back down the A6 and thought about heading to the cafe in Tideswell but after nearly bonking on the hill I decided to push on home. A shot block bar saw me back to Bakewell and then the hunger knock really kicked in. I literally freewheeled up to the Burger Van at Whatstandwell in the layby.
    She said " Tea Mr you look dreadfull".
    I replied give me a tea with three sugars and a bacon sandwich. The last two pieces of bacon duly was savaged in ten seconds flat.
    I then set off with vigour. Went through Derby, out to East Mids Airport then across to Gotham and around Nottingham and home.

I wouldnt have made it without an inspirational phone call at about 60miles.

Oh and isnt it just great when your 16 yr old son has run all the hot water off when you arrive home piss wet through.
    A quick half hour with the immersion on and then lay in the bath for an hour.
    Bianchi now lovingly placed in the shed ( thrown)
    About same speed Ady , God it was cold
    WOW!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Good effort Daz, makes a change not to come off this weather