Page 202 of 847 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Master and MR

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Yep thats good Hann
    You are doing well on the bike. Its good to push yourself. Not sure where the fair came into it. ?

Oh and Ive been meaning to ask you 3 questions

1, Do you hear voices on the bike ? , I do
    2, I hope your wearing reflective or bright gear, I worry about all the forumites on bikes

3, Well three , this is one thats puzzled me for years
    Are there actually any mice in Old Amsterdam ?
    And no im not losing it ive just had two co codimol tablets for the first time ever. No pain in my legs now.

Spent an hour in the bike shop, handing over my trusty steed for the once over, good news I don't need a new chain/cassette, bad news it was hard hard work to walk out without upgrading to the ever so nice new components... it would look sooooooooooo much better - honest!

even more hard work when you know the flippin owner and he tries to get you to take a job in the shop that would be fatal!

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Spent an hour in the bike shop, handing over my trusty steed for the once over, good news I don't need a new chain/cassette, bad news it was hard hard work to walk out without upgrading to the ever so nice new components... it would look sooooooooooo much better - honest!

even more hard work when you know the flippin owner and he tries to get you to take a job in the shop that would be fatal!
    That would be a good move
    A bike shop needs a gal in there with good knowledge. Evans are not the best on advising women on bikes.
    Go for it.

can you get me some cheap bar tape

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    That would be a good move
    A bike shop needs a gal in there with good knowledge. Evans are not the best on advising women on bikes.
    Go for it.

can you get me some cheap bar tape
    I told him he needed a woman and that's where it stemmed....wants a saturday girl though....that would interfere FAR too much!

Master and MR

I told him he needed a woman and that's where it stemmed....wants a saturday girl though....that would interfere FAR too much!
    Maybe you could do weekdays if you learnt how to measure up for fitting. Its easy enough and Im sure they would get extra buisness. Tell me a bike shop where women can freely go and be measured by a fellow lady bikie for a roadbike ?
    Its got to be a winner

Maybe you could do weekdays if you learnt how to measure up for fitting. Its easy enough and Im sure they would get extra buisness. Tell me a bike shop where women can freely go and be measured by a fellow lady bikie for a roadbike ?
    Its got to be a winner
    oh yeah, I'm sure it is. I'm seriously considering it and will have a proper chat next week when I go back to collect my bike. He's branching out a lot more and has extended the place - looks really good now but there's room for improvement of which I voiced my ideas!!!

What do you mean MORE bar tape?! Didn't Santa bring you any?

Its got to be a winner
    Sounds good to me I'm about to part with £50 on a pair of DHB Tri shoes, any thoughts on these. (i'm doing Keswick Tri and poss. a couple more if I survive the swim)

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Sounds good to me I'm about to part with £50 on a pair of DHB Tri shoes, any thoughts on these. (i'm doing Keswick Tri and poss. a couple more if I survive the swim)
    The Tri shoes don't make a massive amount of difference really. I take it unless you have practised like a demon you won't be having them already clipped into the pedal? I have a pair of tri shoes but to be honest they are as quick to put on as my normal road bike shoes...... 1 tip though the elestic trainer laces are brilliant for the run bit, they really DO save time, beats faffing tying laces up! Don't forget talc in your bike shoes too, go mad with the stuff when you get out the pool then your feet will go in the shoes better! What distance are you doing...are you running sockless??

The Tri shoes don't make a massive amount of difference really. I take it unless you have practised like a demon you won't be having them already clipped into the pedal? I have a pair of tri shoes but to be honest they are as quick to put on as my normal road bike shoes...... 1 tip though the elestic trainer laces are brilliant for the run bit, they really DO save time, beats faffing tying laces up! Don't forget talc in your bike shoes too, go mad with the stuff when you get out the pool then your feet will go in the shoes better! What distance are you doing...are you running sockless??
    Yo Emms, ta for info, the pool is Derwentwater about 800mtrs,
    then 38k bike and 10k run.

I've been out twice on me bike and been swimming twice a week since Nov. I was thinking of having the shoes ready clipped and ready to go, but.....

Yup, probably sockless,10k ish fell type run.
    Concerned about the open water swim.
    Need to get 8 weeks of cycling in.
    Hope I can catch up on the run.

Any advice, help, tips much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Make sure you have quality, correctly inflated tyres and that the road appears to be grit/diesel free! Lean into the bend and smoothly nudge your bars in the opposite direction of the lean (counter steering), this will angle you into the bend. You must ensure you have a good approach line into the bend, come into it from the white line and be smooth - forget about sticking your knee out, although you can move your arse slightly off the saddle if required.
    Cheers Ady.
    Theres alot of loose chippings and stuff up round where i ride so its a disaster waiting to happen really....but there the odd lush corner i might have a crack at 'properly' going round.

Im planning dusting the summer bike off on monday - aslong as the weathers good.
    Last edited by Al Fowler; 19-03-2010 at 05:05 PM.