Page 208 of 847 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Derailleur wraped itself round the rear spokes and locked the back up solid.

Only 19 mile into my ride.

Mrs Staggers taxi to the rescue.

Lucky thing was I was on a down hill section but only doing 25 mph. 5 minutes earlier I had just hit a top speed of 49mph.

Cycling gods were kind to me today Thank-you

That happened to me last year, cost me 50 squid for repairs.

5 windy miles with Mini-Merry on MTB's.
    Off to Ilkeston on tuesday to an engineering place, daz h country, get the kettle on
    Hills and Guinness!

I cycled to the shop for some beer tonight. Does that count??

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    I cycled to the shop for some beer tonight. Does that count??
    Why not, off license could have been 100 miles away
    Hills and Guinness!

Just got home from uni, via the bus.

We travel along a fairly major A road linking Blackburn to Preston called 'Hoghton Lane' and turn into a narrow country lane to head to my village.
    In the distance i could see two cyclist obsolutely beltin' it down the road, the driver stopped and wait to turn into the country lane whilst the cyclists past.

They where head-to-toe in Team GB gear, with very snazzy bikes (they were going too fast to see what make their bikes where).

I couldnt believe the speed they where going at, any yet how easy they made it look...pure class!!!

Be bloody grotty to be out on a ride in this weather though, but hasnt half made my day!!!

One of em probs was Ian Bibby, he lives around Preston I think, and he's in Team GB

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Just got home from uni, via the bus.

We travel along a fairly major A road linking Blackburn to Preston called 'Hoghton Lane' and turn into a narrow country lane to head to my village.
    In the distance i could see two cyclist obsolutely beltin' it down the road, the driver stopped and wait to turn into the country lane whilst the cyclists past.

They where head-to-toe in Team GB gear, with very snazzy bikes (they were going too fast to see what make their bikes where).

I couldnt believe the speed they where going at, any yet how easy they made it look...pure class!!!

Be bloody grotty to be out on a ride in this weather though, but hasnt half made my day!!!
    Interesting that Al i saw Steven burke out before on his bike heading towards colne where is parents live, he is currently out in italy now i think living or he may have come back over.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Master and MR

Another Spin class tonight with some lovely ladies. Knee feeling a tad better.
    Went into Eans to get some shot blocks the other day and there was a guy looking at buying a £4000 FUJI Carbon bike. ( It was a lovely bike and he was drooling like wonno over it.)
    I noticed he was exactly my height and said to him as I casually quewed up to pay. " What size is that bike mate a 54" ?, Yes he replied and we got into conversation about biking. The assistant hadnt a clue. All he was going on about was the joints in the carbon to which I duly said , Mate your no more than a 52" in that bike.
    A 52" was duly wheeled out and the assistant piped up , yeah mate but it all, depends on your inside leg measurement.
    I duly guessed that the guy was 29 1/2 inside leg, which he said yes.
    He got on the bike and after 20minutes of me telling him how to set the bike up and how to check the fit he purchased it and thanked me.
    The shop assistant also thanked me and now has some idea of how to give advice on roadbike set up instead of relying on a sizing chart.

But that ain't everything Daz.. I seem to have a long torso and find bikes that are right for height being wrong for top tube.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    But that ain't everything Daz.. I seem to have a long torso and find bikes that are right for height being wrong for top tube.
    Yes very true Dom but not for this lad, he was overstretching by a mile. I stood next to him and was virtually the same. The fact he wanted a bike for long distances as well would mean the 54 would have been a disaster.