Page 210 of 847 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by swift View Post
    I've got a Kinesis Cross light bike.
    Ooops - I meant Race Light - already got 1 CX bike

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Ooops - I meant Race Light - already got 1 CX bike
    Well if you don't know the difference....

Hann - there is a ride every morning from Tollos which is on the front as you come into Puerta Pollenca if you don't fancy riding on your own (I am presuming you are at Pollenca Park). Not sure of set off time, I think 9.30. There is a tall girl called Liz (with fantastic legs) that gets out quite a bit on this ride - she is an ex national hill climb champ! Mixed ability in the group depending on the day but it is an alternative for you.
    If you are there you must ride up to the look out tower at the top of the hill at the end of the bay on evening before dark. Leave the bike at the top and walk up and climb the tower - fantastic photo opps and an interesting backward descent from the steel ladder!

Have fun and enjoy my fave cycling place!
    Just returned from a villa in P. Pollenca from a weeks cycling. Good riding,some pics on my blog Ady if you want to reminisce.
    Hope to make my road race cycling debut this month too. Got the bug

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders rambler View Post
    Just returned from a villa in P. Pollenca from a weeks cycling. Good riding,some pics on my blog Ady if you want to reminisce.
    Hope to make my road race cycling debut this month too. Got the bug
    I kept getting texts from the club training camp who were out there last week just to wind me up as I was skint and had no hols left when it was booked
    I will be out the 1st week of September - I love P.Pollenca and the Island in general, it is far removed from many peoples perceptions (Magaluf).

I kept getting texts from the club training camp who were out there last week just to wind me up as I was skint and had no hols left when it was booked
    I will be out the 1st week of September - I love P.Pollenca and the Island in general, it is far removed from many peoples perceptions (Magaluf).
    I couldn't agree more,lovely island. We were 1 mile short of the first roundabout as you enter the port from Pollenca. The only real rough road we encountered was the one out to the lighthouse north east of the port. The rest of the island has some lovely smooth roads that feel effortless compared to the cart tracks we have in this country. We saw some Lancashire cycle club tops whilst we were out. I did laugh when we were waiting at the petrol station near Lluc and saw these Lancy lads coming up effing and blinding about the climb they had just done.. made me smile.

Thanks for that Ady... been offered to ride with the guys from the bikeshop too, but they only tend to go for 2-3 hours and I was already told I needed something that pushes me a bit more.

Pro cycling friend has given me some good stuff to do the rest of the week, so will just go on my own... at least I know I am getting the training in that way!

I hit some VERY rough little roads today on my meanderings around the centre of the island... Fun but I did think the crosser would have been better! Love the Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels though, they cope with everything you throw at them, including cyclocross, excellent choice Ady
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Master and MR

just had a chat with dave brailsford

Is he signing you up Daz?

Been out and done 6.7 miles in about 55mins. I was with my 9yr old training partner so it's not as bad as it sounds. We got up to 20 mph down one hill, he wes 'well impressed'.

I just typed in 'zipp' on ebay and theres a SHED LOAD of zipp wheels going for only a few hundred quid!
    Last edited by Al Fowler; 02-04-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Banned

Just been to order this in Liquigas Team colours.

http://www.cannondale.com/gbr/eng/Pr...D-9-105-Triple

14th May is delivery date.

Having the Ultremo R tyres on and rear cassette is being changed to 11-25.

I would say role on 14th of May but we are in the lakes with Em doing her BG

Be well worth the wait