Page 214 of 848 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 8474

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Yes, they're very good. I've got one lying spare if you want to make me an offer?
    me too!

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    me too!
    Hi fellow cyclists

I bought a Giant Defy 4 a few months back as a entry bike for my (first) triathlon.
    I've only used it 4 or 5 times, once in the rain, and there is rust appearing on just about everything, bolts, pedal, chain etc I took it back to shop this morning for free service/check up etc and the guy (who I thought I knew quite well) says 'oh it happens on all bikes at that price' 'the good bits are the frame and forks and the rest is cheap stuff'

Any thoughts before I...a. fall out with him ; b. complain to Giant ; c. be in bother with Mrs Bother
    Last edited by Nee Bother; 07-04-2010 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Hi fellow cyclists

I bought a Giant Defy 4 a few months back as a entry bike for my (first) triathlon.
    I've only used it 4 or 5 times, once in the rain, and there is rust appearing on just about everything, bolts, pedal, chain etc I tokk it iback to shop this morning for free service/check up etc and the guy (who I thought I knew quite well) says 'oh it happens on all bikes at that price' 'the good bits are the frame and forks and the rest is cheap stuff'

Any thoughts before I...a. fall out with him ; b. complain to Giant ; c. be in bother with Mrs Bother
    Clean it and dry it off after each ride in the rain and re-lube...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Yes, they're very good. I've got one lying spare if you want to make me an offer?
    I've been offered one already thats why I'm asking. It seems a good price.....!

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I've been offered one already thats why I'm asking. It seems a good price.....!
    I was going to put mine on Sales & Wants for £50. Trouble is it would cost a load to post out as they weigh a lot.

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

I've got a Tacx Swing in the garage & a CycleOps Fluid 2 at work. Both good trainers, but I think the Tacx is better put together. Should be a good buy IDP.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Hi fellow cyclists

I've only used it 4 or 5 times, once in the rain, and there is rust appearing on just about everything, bolts, pedal, chain etc I tokk it iback to shop this morning for free service/check up etc and the guy (who I thought I knew quite well) says 'oh it happens on all bikes at that price' 'the good bits are the frame and forks and the rest is cheap stuff'

wd 40 . ive got a trek 4.5 that ive had 4 weeks . been in the rain once and its got some rust on the stem allen screws . going back for service tomorow and will be pointed out .
    Last edited by lilactime; 06-04-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Got 90 miles in today. Went a convoluted route to the Wharfe cafe at Otley - still stupidly cheap. Was a little tougher on the way back into the wind and more hills but it stayed dry and was quite mild - ate al fresco.

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

Not many rides for me at the moment, as 'small-childs' on half-term for 3 weeks!!
    So, they're more or less limited to riding to work & back (via a longer route)

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Got 90 miles in today. Went a convoluted route to the Wharfe cafe at Otley - still stupidly cheap
    It's still the best value eatery around surely??

I know I went in on my way home from the 'Ilkley Moor Fell-Race' (21st Feb), & had; Meat & Potato Pie, Chips, Mushy Peas. Pot of tea. Rhubarb Crumble & Custard.
    It was £3.80 for all of that, & I couldn't eat anything else the rest of the day

We used to call in on every ride out that way, even if only for a pot of tea (eating in there, then heading out up Norwood Edge, or back via East Chevin wouldn't have been nice..........)

- we'd also end up at 'Buffers' ('Back o t'Hill'??) cafe at Storiths too -

Digressing Slightly;

I was browsing the 'Ilkley Harriers' site earlier (for details of their 'Trail Race' in May), & noticed this topic.
    http://ilkleyharriers.org.uk/forum/v....php?f=4&t=569

I'll have to watch out for their members at the Cyclo-Crosses
    Last edited by RichardAThackeray; 06-04-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

[quote=RichardAThackeray;322526]

It's still the best value eatery around surely??

I know I went in on my way home from the 'Ilkley Moor Fell-Race' (21st Feb), & had; Meat & Potato Pie, Chips, Mushy Peas. Pot of tea. Rhubarb Crumble & Custard.
    It was £3.80 for all of that, & I couldn't eat anything else the rest of the day

It's certainly the cheapest cafe any of our cycling lads have been to - Blind Beck At Horton In Ribblesdale probably comes second but the menu is quite restrictive there. I enjoyed fish fingers (4) chips (plenty) and beans (loads) washed down with 2 pint mugs of tea for £2.60. Going back a few years you used to get your drink thrown in if you bought a meal but I guess that's the recession for you