Page 215 of 847 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315715 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    It's still the best value eatery around surely??

It was £3.80 for all of that, & I couldn't eat anything else the rest of the day
    It's certainly the cheapest cafe any of our cycling lads have been to - Blind Beck At Horton In Ribblesdale probably comes second
    Years ago, when we travelled up the A65 a few times a year, we used to call at 'Bernies' in Ingleton, that used to be okay too
    (not even sure if it's in business anymore?)
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    I was going to put mine on Sales & Wants for £50. Trouble is it would cost a load to post out as they weigh a lot.
    same price but delivered to the door and only one year old. Think I'll go for it if only for those days when a run is difficult due to snow etc

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    Years ago, when we travelled up the A65 a few times a year, we used to call at 'Bernies' in Ingleton, that used to be okay too
    (not even sure if it's in business anymore?)
    It is still there but we tend to use Inglesport cafe next door upstairs. It is better food, similar price with the odd pretty waitress and the heating is usually on. I ordered beans on toast in Bernies in 1985 and they still haven't turned up. There used to be a cafe further down the street on the left called Fountains cafe which has now changed back to a house. It was basically someones front room but the breakfast was great and really cheap.

Master and MR

It is still there but we tend to use Inglesport cafe next door upstairs. It is better food, similar price with the odd pretty waitress and the heating is usually on. I ordered beans on toast in Bernies in 1985 and they still haven't turned up. There used to be a cafe further down the street on the left called Fountains cafe which has now changed back to a house. It was basically someones front room but the breakfast was great and really cheap.
    Good cafes are getting scarce

25miles for me then a spin session
    Physio today and I finally sussed out whats wrong with my knee.

Well done on that ride Ady

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    same price but delivered to the door and only one year old. Think I'll go for it if only for those days when a run is difficult due to snow etc
    You will struggle with a Turbo in the snow Ian
    Particulary over Bleaklow

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Physio today and I finally sussed out whats wrong with my knee.
    Requires plastic replacement......................?
    Bionic reconstruction................................?

Master and MR

Requires plastic replacement......................?
    Bionic reconstruction................................?
    no
    err just a bit of strengthening exercises

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    no
    err just a bit of strengthening exercises
    Ahhh... ohhh, GOOD! Knee problem solved

Had a rest day yesterday, ytavelling back from Majorca and going to work... and today 45 minutes easy was on the porgram. As I had not unpacked my bike yet and the race bike has a turbo wheel on the back and no brake blocks, I decided to take the TT bike out for that. I have a 10 on Sunday anyway, first race of the season...

Ekkkk! That was a bit of a shock to the system, not been on it since July last year... It felt weird and painful and the front end (with 50mm deep section carbon wheels on) went all nervous and twicthy when I reached a speed of above 50 km/hr

Proper training session on it tomorrow and better use it for my ride on Friday too... all TT specific anyway. Got to get used to that baby! I can feel the middle one of my quads, even though I was going easy
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Last ride in Majorca on Monday was fantastic. Not downloaded the Garmin yet, but it was about 120 kms and 2000 metres of climbing. We went up Selva Gorge, then down to sa Calobra and back home...

That road to Sa Calobra is AMAZING!!! Thought it would be harder to get up than it actually was. Had a few hairraisning moments on the way down! Was just pulling back in after overtaking a couple of cars when suddenly this tour bus appears around the bedn, taking up the whole of the road. I looked left of him, right of him and decided on the precipitous side (rhs) so that I could actually fall off the cliff if needed, rather than be crushed against a mountain side... I had a black mark on my arm where I touched the side of the bus... Only jsut fitted between him and the side of the road
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

My intended ride from Leeds to Malham yesterday came to an abrupt halt at Burley In Wharfedale when some clown ploughed into me on the roundabout. Bike is repaired now but I'm feeling a bit battered and bruised today !