Page 217 of 848 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317717 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 8474

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    Good marker, well done Monte!
    Anybody gonna get under 30???
    I am aiming to do a long 26 on Saturday... but no idea, as not done a TT for almost a year now and I am not that fast. We shall see...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    I am aiming to do a long 26 on Saturday... but no idea, as not done a TT for almost a year now and I am not that fast. We shall see...
    Almost a year??? Forgive me, but it was 5 September.....

Evidence attached...

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Almost a year??? Forgive me, but it was 5 September.....

Evidence attached...
    Oh ooops, my memory... well, I am a little old lady after all

15 mins warmup, 3 x 10 mins at TT effort, HR at 175, 5 mins recovery @ 145... 15 mins cooldown.

Legs have filed for a divorce now and my heart has left me...

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    thats not bloody good at all
    how did that happen

not the same old I didnt see you line again , grrrrr bloody motorists that just dont see or think about cyclists. I damm winds me up
    Yes,exactly that ! I didnt see you. Oh sorry was the luminous bright yellow top not bright enough for you !!

To be fair to the guy he was totally distraught and accompanied me to a nearby bike shop and paid for the damage

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds Rhino View Post
    Yes,exactly that ! I didnt see you. Oh sorry was the luminous bright yellow top not bright enough for you !!

To be fair to the guy he was totally distraught and accompanied me to a nearby bike shop and paid for the damage
    Not good to be involved in an accident and glad you are ok albeit the bruises but good to see the driver aknowledging his wrong doing, shame it happened in the first place mind

Actually Tuesday's not todays, but I didn't have internet access in Mallorca.

86 miles and probably quite a lot of ascent. Pollenca - Campanet - Orient (including the col) - Soller - Col de Soller - Lluc - Pollenca

I was going OK until about 60 miles when my legs stopped working. This was half way up a hill that was about 15 miles long!

Luckily the last 15 miles of the route was largely downhill. Perhaps I shouldn't leave it 6 months until my next long bike ride next time. One of my mates beat me up that long hill by half an hour - and stayed in his big ring all the way up it.

I'll have to do Sa Colobra some time Hanneke. We had it pencilled in as an option, but my legs weren't playing by then.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Actually Tuesday's not todays, but I didn't have internet access in Mallorca.

86 miles and probably quite a lot of ascent. Pollenca - Campanet - Orient (including the col) - Soller - Col de Soller - Lluc - Pollenca

I was going OK until about 60 miles when my legs stopped working. This was half way up a hill that was about 15 miles long!

Luckily the last 15 miles of the route was largely downhill. Perhaps I shouldn't leave it 6 months until my next long bike ride next time. One of my mates beat me up that long hill by half an hour - and stayed in his big ring all the way up it.

I'll have to do Sa Colobra some time Hanneke. We had it pencilled in as an option, but my legs weren't playing by then.
    Noel, you were there at the same time as me??? I came back Tuesday... We could have ridden together Sa Calobra was defo my favourite ride, g there next time!

Yours is a decent ride with a fair bit of climbing I did that ride too at some stage last week... I like the Orient, but actually loved the Puig Major (or big Soller as they called it) best, especially the descent, so had to do that a couple of times... Then Sa Calobra and the Selva climb again took precedence over the Orient for a 2nd time...

Could have done with another couple of days there LOL!
    Last edited by Hanneke; 08-04-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Noel, you were there at the same time as me??? I came back Tuesday... We could have ridden together Sa Calobra was defo my favourite ride, go there next time!
    I only did one day's biking, which was on Tuesday to allow me to go out with some mates who only flew out for this week. I'm still very much a part-time cyclist - I'd have to get some more miles in before I'd contemplate riding with proper cyclists like yourself.

It's a shame there's not a "today's sand castles" thread - I did a lot more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I only did one day's biking, which was on Tuesday to allow me to go out with some mates who only flew out for this week. I'm still very much a part-time cyclist - I'd have to get some more miles in before I'd contemplate riding with proper cyclists like yourself.

It's a shame there's not a "today's sand castles" thread - I did a lot more of that.
    And a very big days biking to boot, with a lot of climbing! respect if you are only an occasional cyclist!

I did not build a single sandcastle Not in the right mindframe for that after the break up with the bf But at least it did not deter me from getting some good riding in though! Nothing like a hard bike ride to take ones mind off things...

Or a nice fell run for that matter! Regretted not taking any running gear... Should have done! Those mountains looked pretty good for running in!