Page 218 of 847 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    respect if you are only an occasional cyclist!
    It was probably a bit ambitious in hindsight.

I'm sure my mates wasn't saying "respect" when my legs stopped working
    Still, they were very supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Or a nice fell run for that matter! Regretted not taking any running gear... Should have done! Those mountains looked pretty good for running in!
    We managed to run up Massanella one day (the highest accessible peak). It was fun to run up but too hard and rocky to run down quickly without hurting my knees. We are really blessed in this country with spongey, grassy descents. I can see now why many continental races only go to the summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    Good marker, well done Monte!
    Anybody gonna get under 30???
    cheers
    not sure where i finished up but there were loads there. for a club 10 it was well supported but it was the first of the season. undulating course too. hope to go faster on the Levens course. cant get used to these tri bars though. wobbling all over the place. when the new go faster skin suit arrives it should knock another minute off.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds Rhino View Post
    To be fair to the guy he was totally distraught and accompanied me to a nearby bike shop and paid for the damage
    Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    good to see the driver aknowledging his wrong doing, shame it happened in the first place mind
    Hmm could it be he didn't fancy an insurance job or a claim from Injury lawyers etc....

Well, the first time on saddle since February and my disaster ridden weeks in hospital..........don't get too excited now......10 mins on the static bike in the gym at about 40 rpm. Completely pathetic and guess what, the machine turned itself off as it was unconvinced that anybody was actually doing anything on it! Now where have I heard that one before

Patheticness Redux!
    Don't get saddle-sore now.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    Well, the first time on saddle since February and my disaster ridden weeks in hospital..........don't get too excited now......10 mins on the static bike in the gym at about 40 rpm. Completely pathetic and guess what, the machine turned itself off as it was unconvinced that anybody was actually doing anything on it! Now where have I heard that one before
    AWWWW... but it is a start... you will soon be zooming up and down mountains again
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Almost a year??? Forgive me, but it was 5 September.....

Evidence attached...

staighten your back young Hann

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

Without looking through all 218 pages, I guess some 'forumites' bikes have been featured?

So, here's part of my 'menagerie'

1. My old Raleigh 531 commuter. I turned the frame into this abstract shape (Feb 1997) upon hitting an abandoned car, after being dazzled by opposing traffic, & subsequently finding myself partially on the back-seat (via the rear-window)

2. Raleigh Optima (Reynolds 853 tubing, bought to replace the 531)

3. 'Yellow Peril'. Another old commuter/training bike, now deposed by the Dyna-Tech
    I look quite chunky there, as it was not long after a return to riding after a (4 or 5 year) layoff

4. Dyna-Tech 755Ti. Bought new in 1994, & my 'best-bike' until the Ridley arrived in November 2008

5. Ridley Orion. I do like the funky tube profiles, as they're differant ('Clover Leaf' shaped top-tube anyone?)
    It's on differant tyres (Continental Grand-Prix's) now, so that pic must have been just after I got it
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Not necessarily a good idea.

Taken from Triathlete Europe;

"This is not to suggest that your back position is not important to aerodynamics. However, what matters is not how low it is but how you hold it. You want to strive for a slight curve in your mid-spine, almost like a hump. This will help integrate your aero helmet into your streamlined position. Specifically, it will help smooth airflow over your aero helmet, integrating your aero tuck into a neat little package and lowering your drag numbers another 50 to 100 grams.

There is a principle in aerodynamics that states that air likes to flow over curved surfaces as opposed to flat ones. Consider the toroidal bulges of aero wheels versus flat sidewall wheels. If you have a naturally flat back, work on curving your back into a hump, and if you have a humpback, rejoice, because it will help you ride faster"

However, she should have her lid on .
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Alas dear Daz, I cannot... the hump is a symptom of advancing Ankylosing Spondilitis... my back simply does not go any straighter
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi