Page 237 of 847 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337737 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Getting a bar out of your back pocket is like taking a womens bra off when your 17

Seriously though
    Ratfink, If your struggling , tape 2 x shot blocks or bars to your stem with electrical tape
    LOL, I don't wear a bra...

Another trick is to stick a gel or two under the band of your cycling shorts on your thigh, so you don't have to reach back into your pocket with one hand. I have also seen gels strapped to riders arms... This is in long TT's, i.e. 50/100/12 hour... As aerodynamics aren't so importnat for you, I like the idea of sticking them to your bars... But you can also get a pouch that fits on the toptube, for easy access to food stuffs
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
    ah good knowledge on taping the stuff on the frame/stem/bars!!

hopefully by june (notwithstanding volcano induced 2nd winter) i will be out of the thick winter gloves, and so slightly more nimble fingered with the management of wrappers and the like.
    Jo it depends on what you are choosing to eat as well. Daz mentioned the shot blox - clif ones. They are excellent, really easy to both eat and more importantly get out of the packet!! Banana's are an obvious choice too if you like them? Easy to peel etc although do tend to go manky in the back pocket with the heat. The sportifs are generally well laid out and the checkpoints just when you need them and more often than not very well stocked. Which one are you doing?

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    LOL, I don't wear a bra...

Another trick is to stick a gel or two under the band of your cycling shorts on your thigh, so you don't have to reach back into your pocket with one hand. I have also seen gels strapped to riders arms... This is in long TT's, i.e. 50/100/12 hour... As aerodynamics aren't so importnat for you, I like the idea of sticking them to your bars... But you can also get a pouch that fits on the toptube, for easy access to food stuffs
    ive gone red

ive gone red
    Awwwww.... cute

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Jo it depends on what you are choosing to eat as well. Daz mentioned the shot blox - clif ones. They are excellent, really easy to both eat and more importantly get out of the packet!! Banana's are an obvious choice too if you like them? Easy to peel etc although do tend to go manky in the back pocket with the heat. The sportifs are generally well laid out and the checkpoints just when you need them and more often than not very well stocked. Which one are you doing?
    Yeah the strawberry shot blocks are nice for sure
    Ratfink, Emma has done loads of these rides and may be able to advise you on a good saddle.

Yeah the strawberry shot blocks are nice for sure
    Ratfink, Emma has done loads of these rides and may be able to advise you on a good saddle.
    Yes, NOT the fizik arione.....OUCH

Talking Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    thanks em i will try the shot blox, and I like bananas (think i will check out a few drink mixes as well)

I'm doing the Sheffield 100 for Action Medical research

I can be sponsored here

http://www.action.org.uk/sponsor/jowood

Master and MR

These are good at 4mph
    Is it hometime yet
    Ive often wondered how women get into those cycling skins bras

I use the shotblocks and love them. Much easier to use than gels and much more palatable too. I like the Cran/raz ones best, but have some blueberries ones at the mo that are also great...

Energy drink is another good way of keeping up energy on the bike. Make sure it contains salts to avoid cramping in those last hours of the ride!

I like the Fizik saddles Emm and ride long distances on them... I prefer a narrow men's racing saddle like the arion over everything else. Women's specific gel saddle gave me a numb bum

Saddles are very personal. What is most importnat is that you measure the distance your sitbones are apart and take it from there. Weight on the saddle should be on the sitbones and nowhere else, certainly not on the pelvic area!

Master and MR

Hann never mind shot blocks
    What about these, Used by Quick Step no less
    You have kept them quiet ?