Page 241 of 847 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Attachment 3073

114 miles for me. Up into the Peak District on my own. Loads of Upping and Hills. Some nice descents as well but god knows how much climbing.

Matlock, Bakewell, On up the A6, right to Millers Dale, Tideswell, Wardlow, Monsal Head, Ashford in the Water, back down A6, 10 min stop for Coca Cola, Dwn to Derby, on past the Airport, Nottingham then home

Hit the 100mile mark and took a picture of my Garmin. 18.2 average, and 5hrs 29mins.
    Felt good after having a massage yesterday. I probably could have done 5hrs 15mins if pushed but not much quicker than that in the Peak District.
    Too many damm hills, BUT I love them.

Loads of bikies out today but didnt want or get a toe off any. Makes me want to join a club and give it a proper go again like years ago.
    And there was me stuck in work having a mare I'm jealous. Won't be able to escape until Wednesday which will be a run and then ride Thurs.

20 miles at 17.5mph average. Not bad, could do better... Suprised by the number of cyclists out there - it's a bit of a non cycling town round here.

Well done Toffer (#2399)! You'll soon be up to me.

Today managed to fit in 40km on the Kettler Opal. The Amstel Gold boys were on TV. The winning uphill sprint finish by the Belgian Phillippe Gilbert did it for me. Phew, what a ride! An amazing sprint; and after 31 hills!
    Bill the Book's Final Verdict:-
    Sharp test for Cadel Evans. Needs 4-6 weeks.

Yup, inspired by Gilbert I took to the patio again, 30 mins of effort facing a different bit of the garden Better than yesterday!
    Dog doesn't quite understand though as she often runs with me on the MTB and thought we were off somewhere.....turbo didn't move though, dog!

You should get a pet treadmill to sit along side the turbo??

Master and MR

Not watched the Amstel yet. Gilbert won , oh that will be a relief for Belgium.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by woodlander View Post
    Well done Toffer (#2399)! You'll soon be up to me.

Today managed to fit in 40km on the Kettler Opal. The Amstel Gold boys were on TV. The winning uphill sprint finish by the Belgian Phillippe Gilbert did it for me. Phew, what a ride! An amazing sprint; and after 31 hills!
    Bill the Book's Final Verdict:-
    Sharp test for Cadel Evans. Needs 4-6 weeks.
    Evans will be marked for 12months easy. The World Champion always is.

Looks like Wiggins couldnt get to the Gold Race because of flights. Thats a shame as I was looking forward to seeing his result in this one.

Did my first sportive today, the howgill hammer. It was great! 54 miles and really hilly, about 2000 feet of climbing including a brute of a climb out of dent to barbondale. Mine was the only bike there without clip in pedals! I'm sure mine wad the only second hand one :-) I might do another I think.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Toni View Post
    Did my first sportive today, the howgill hammer. It was great! 54 miles and really hilly, about 2000 feet of climbing including a brute of a climb out of dent to barbondale. Mine was the only bike there without clip in pedals! I'm sure mine wad the only second hand one :-) I might do another I think.
    Ahh I know that climb , Well done mate

Ah, Swiss Toni, what a lovely peaceful spot is Barbondale on a quiet sunny morning. Out on a training jog I said 'hello' to the great Wainwright at Barbondale; he was having a picnic by a stream. I could tell that his eyesight was more or less gone. Two women had taken him up in a car.
    It was quite a sad moment to think that he could feel the breeze, the sunlight, and hear the birdsong and the water babbling over the rocks but probably he couldn't see much further than the end of his sandwich.

Tour of Turkey final stage yesterday, and another sprint (the 5th?) for Andre Greipel. Pretty impressive rider.

More TV-Amstel today!