Page 251 of 847 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351751 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

I cycle to work and lock my back to the cycle racks just outside the store.

Tonight, i came out to my back after finishing my shift to find my lock on the floor....but, "thank f$*k" my bike was still there.

Im not sure how but my lock has some how snapped (the chain type) and dropped on the floor but thankfully nobody was about to help themselfs to a free bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Like the pic Dom!
    I went for an 8 mile trot this aft and then had a trundle out on the crosser and was dismayed at how damn poor the brakes are compared to 'normal' brakes. I like to feel myself stopping, especially coming off Whernside and with these brakes you just don't!!!
    2 years ago, I upgraded the cantis on my crosser, from SRP "Mr Grumpys" to Tektro CR520's and the improvement was obvious, but still pretty scarey on long descents, particularly in the wet. As I use bar end shifters on the crosser, I'm now seriously consider swapping the Shimano 600 ( Ultegra ) brake levers for the appropriate Dia Compe or Tektro levers and upgrading to Deore XT 'V' brakes.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    I cycle to work and lock my back to the cycle racks just outside the store.

Tonight, i came out to my back after finishing my shift to find my lock on the floor....but, "thank f$*k" my bike was still there.

Im not sure how but my lock has some how snapped (the chain type) and dropped on the floor but thankfully nobody was about to help themselfs to a free bike.

not good AL
    There is no way I would leave my bike outside locked up
    Get your employer to provide storage.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Daz, what a nightmare, 2 punctures!

Had a nice ride out in Richmond Park last night, bit congested with all the cars and too many cyclists holding them and as a result me up... Why can't they all just stick to the speedlimit of 20 mph, then I can just overtaken them on the outside and be done with it LOL

Thought I was going to get done for speeding in the park again... as I came down one of the hills, towards Roehampton Gate, in the middle of the road, overtaking cars at 56 km/hr ohhhh oooops! There was an officer who stuck a speedgun in my face

Thankfully, they were after cars this time, as the 'I have no idea how fast I was going' would not have held this time LOL
    well i ordered 2 x new tyres
    23.75 for mich road pros from evans
    thye should have been 34.99
    used the price comparison again.

Got a pic published in the comic this week, Mark Holton, top of 1st page of result section. I will endevour to get the perfect shot for the front cover of the FRA mag............................

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    not good AL
    There is no way I would leave my bike outside locked up
    Get your employer to provide storage.
    The locker room is the size of a matchboxs so it cant go there, and if i left it in the warehouse it would get damaged. There is the staff canteen but i dont trust it, theres theifs amungst us.

I went and bought a super-thick lock, and a massive pad-lock...it nearly weights more than the bike!

Multibillion poun company and im worried for the safety of my bike....they dont even have a camera on them. I once forgot to take my lights off the bike, and finished work to find they'd gone. They didnt steal my saddle bag though - which i didnt have an inner-tune in this time thankfully.
    Last edited by Al Fowler; 30-04-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    2 years ago, I upgraded the cantis on my crosser, from SRP "Mr Grumpys" to Tektro CR520's and the improvement was obvious, but still pretty scarey on long descents, particularly in the wet. As I use bar end shifters on the crosser, I'm now seriously consider swapping the Shimano 600 ( Ultegra ) brake levers for the appropriate Dia Compe or Tektro levers and upgrading to Deore XT 'V' brakes.
    I've put Tektro Mini V's on my CX - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...&ModelID=34580 Works with normal levers. Diacompe also make some, http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-D...rake-18257.htm I also found these http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-T...-Deg-18060.htm useful for fitting and adjusting them.

Al's tale. So sad but true. I reckon 5% of men*, it's nearly always men, will nick anything that's not nailed down. It must be the frustrated hunting instinct. No use for it in modern society. Illustration:
    I was coming out of a chippy in an East Lancs town when I saw a local gentleman, accompanied by a lady in a fur coat, casual as you like, wheeling my one and only bike along the street. I was 20 miles from home. I'd just spent my last couple of quid on fish 'n' chips.
    Me: "Hey pal, that's my bike!"
    Him: "Keep yer 'air on. We wos only pushin' it round the corner for a bit of a larf. Weren't we luv?"
    Her: "Yer, like he says, just a joke it were."
    And I'd only been in the chip shop two minutes. I was the only customer. You can't be too careful.

*I don't include runners in this guesstimate. I have always found runners, especially the fell running types, to be a supremely honest bunch.
    Last edited by woodlander; 30-04-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: forgot the footnote

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Got a pic published in the comic this week, Mark Holton, top of 1st page of result section. I will endevour to get the perfect shot for the front cover of the FRA mag............................
    yep i saw that ady
    nice one

Upped the ante a bit more today, 40 miles up the valley and back, half of which was into a solid head wind. Coming home was fun
    Ave creeping upwards, wonder what this week holds....