Page 258 of 846 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358758 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 8454

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Oh Ratfink, doesn't sound too good! Glad you got away relatively unscathed...

Maybe I should wear a helmet more often.... makes me think this...

Thanks Han

Its totally personal (i don't always wear one rock climbing) - but with my bike i always ,think well i've got one, may as well put it on. If you're doing a hot ascent you can always put it on your bars, and you can get nicely vented ones these days. won't help if you get flattened by a bus, but mighty handy for any contact with road or curb (which can happen in quite a lot of ways!).

Quote Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
    Thanks Han

Its totally personal (i don't always wear one rock climbing) - but with my bike i always ,think well i've got one, may as well put it on. If you're doing a hot ascent you can always put it on your bars, and you can get nicely vented ones these days. won't help if you get flattened by a bus, but mighty handy for any contact with road or curb (which can happen in quite a lot of ways!).
    I just bought a new one, only because Daz was nagging me... and it is well vented... it is a Giro Atmos, the one Lance wears... Not that I bought it for that, I bought it because of it's vents. I still find it uncomfortable though
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

try it slightly less tight. mine is only snuggish, and i don't have the chin strap very tight - but it seems to stay in place - need a new one now. shell is intact just scratched, but the polystyrene is cracked right through.

do you have to wear one for most races nowadays?? think of it as training getting used to it

edit: i am sitting icing my eyesocket with frozen peas at work , and not lying in a hospital!

Another 20 miles in the bag.. Nice day, but still a bit windy.

Quote Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
    try it slightly less tight. mine is only snuggish, and i don't have the chin strap very tight - but it seems to stay in place - need a new one now. shell is intact just scratched, but the polystyrene is cracked right through.

do you have to wear one for most races nowadays?? think of it as training getting used to it

edit: i am sitting icing my eyesocket with frozen peas at work , and not lying in a hospital!
    AUCH re eyesocket Hope the ice is doing it's trick... at least you are not in hospital!

I don't wear the helmet tight at all... but funnily enough, every helmet I have (3 now, including a point hat for TT-ing) makes a whopping great big dent in my forehead, which causes the discomfort, even though the helmet is fairly loose on my head... I am flummoxed as to why...

And yes, you wear one for races, that is why I actually do wear one with a certain regularity... But as of yet, you don't need one for TT's... But it is getting there.

AUCH re eyesocket Hope the ice is doing it's trick... at least you are not in hospital!

I don't wear the helmet tight at all... but funnily enough, every helmet I have (3 now, including a point hat for TT-ing) makes a whopping great big dent in my forehead, which causes the discomfort, even though the helmet is fairly loose on my head... I am flummoxed as to why...

And yes, you wear one for races, that is why I actually do wear one with a certain regularity... But as of yet, you don't need one for TT's... But it is getting there.
    i wear one for time trials but i have to say it is under duress and really so i set a good example to the youngsters. i dont bother out training but this probably stems from the useless leather strap things they called helmets when I was road racing in the 80's. they have moved on a bit. i wouldn't mind a nice fast looking pointy one but they seem very expensive
    anyway Milnthorpe 10 again tomorrow night (with non pointy helmet!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Meant to ask the Bike thread forumites. Does anyone know whereby I can locate the new Bianchi book that has come out. Someone was telling me about this down here but I cannot find it and I want it. I need to have it in my collection.
    You do know it's in Italian???

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=2695
    Last edited by dominion; 11-05-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Ah, that is cheaper than ordering it from Italy, where they charged 16 euro's postage

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    You do know it's in Italian???

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=2695
    si lo faccio parlare un po ditaliano

yes mate well done on the 20miles. You planning any fell races

Master and MR

You sure you have the correct size
    My specialized one is perfect. Cant you pad the front out a bit.

Are you wearing it without a peaked cap. Try using a cap. An old trick is to just stitch a very thin piece of foam into your cap just to pad it a bit.
    You sure be able to wear it tight then.