Page 259 of 847 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Daz, short of getting a kids helemt, which isn't race legal for me, I can't get a smaller size I have a really small head and the small Giro is on the large side... I think maybe that is the problem, rather than it being tight... I shall try wearing it with a buff underneath to provide some padding and see how I go... Tried it with a cap, but my ponytail gets in the way then...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

are you resting your head on your stem? :P

21.6 miles, 2600 feet, very cold toes (very wussy on descending)

29.07 at a breezy Milnthorpe 10 so gone backwards a bit tonight.
    off to Turkey saturday so a rest for a week

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Daz, short of getting a kids helemt, which isn't race legal for me, I can't get a smaller size I have a really small head and the small Giro is on the large side... I think maybe that is the problem, rather than it being tight... I shall try wearing it with a buff underneath to provide some padding and see how I go... Tried it with a cap, but my ponytail gets in the way then...
    I've the small giro atmos too and as daft as it sounds it makes a difference where the pony tail band is. I don't know about you but my hair is ridiculously thick and the helmet doesn't sit right unless I wear a buff under it and either have a very loose ponytail so the band is at the nape of my neck or leave it loose but that's not a good look!! A bit of extra padding is good on the front too, did you get a spare/replacement bit when you bought it, I added it to the padding already inside and that helped.

Jo, nasty bump hope you're ok.

As an aside.....been trying to get on the thread, the updates in the day said Hann had posted last, then Ratfink but everytime I tried to access the thread the last post I could see was the last one Daz posted this morning, I couldn't 'see' anything else...... BRETT, what's that all about???

i normally have my ponytail lower than my bike helmet cradle thing - but have found with some helmets (climbing and canoeing) having your hair in plait(s) makes it lie much flatter under the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
    i normally have my ponytail lower than my bike helmet cradle thing - but have found with some helmets (climbing and canoeing) having your hair in plait(s) makes it lie much flatter under the helmet.
    Take care ratfink, no more nasty bumps, hope you've recovered. Ponytails and plaits have never been a problem in my helmet!
    Been doing more cycling than running recently, nearly a 100 hilly miles clocked since saturday on singlespeed cross bike.
    Forgot how much i love the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    I've the small giro atmos too and as daft as it sounds it makes a difference where the pony tail band is. I don't know about you but my hair is ridiculously thick and the helmet doesn't sit right unless I wear a buff under it and either have a very loose ponytail so the band is at the nape of my neck or leave it loose but that's not a good look!! A bit of extra padding is good on the front too, did you get a spare/replacement bit when you bought it, I added it to the padding already inside and that helped.

Jo, nasty bump hope you're ok.

As an aside.....been trying to get on the thread, the updates in the day said Hann had posted last, then Ratfink but everytime I tried to access the thread the last post I could see was the last one Daz posted this morning, I couldn't 'see' anything else...... BRETT, what's that all about???
    I had exaclty the same problem re posting!!!

Interesting what you say about the small atmos, padding and ponytail... I have my ponytail sticking out above the strap/click fasterner thing at the back, maybe I should drop it down. Am going to try the buff approach next time... Thing is, I have the same problem with my old helmet (also a Giro) and with my new TT helmet :S

Anyways, back to my bikeriding: Had an excellent session on the track this morning, pb-ing in both the flying 500 TT and the 5m TT Also practised standing starts again and getting better at that too! Now entered the European Masters Track CHamps and ordered a Dutch skinsuit... Oh the excitement

Master and MR

Sorry to here about your fall ratfink but shows the value of a helmet doesnt it.

WOOHOOOOOOOO!

10 mile TT last night... and I pb-ed by 1min1sec! 25.32 now, I am well happy, sub 25 next

And that fater two hard session on Wednesday morning and evening!

Track later today... I wonder where my legs will be lol!