Page 265 of 846 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365765 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 8454

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

50 miles can never be considered 'paltry'. Glad you are enjoying the cycling and well done. I love riding the bike in these conditions and today's Dales scenery was fabulous - I am so spoilt to have the Ribble Valley and Dales so close to hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
    oh no mine looks a bit paltry compared to ady

first 50 miler, in 4:07, avg speed 12 (including stopping for water), avg moving speed 15.5, max speed 36.5

ascent 4884feet (according to garmin)

feel slightly charred!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/34244226

Good couple of hours on the mountain bike. Trails are so dry at the moment it's like riding in the States... neglecting the road bike a bit but we don't get dry spells like this very often.

I didnt get out on the bike today

We had a crash at the Welsh National RR champs... so I spent the whole day and evening in A&E with Martyn and Gareth... who had fractured different bits and bobs... Was chucked out in the end, when they cottoned on I wasn't next of kin... It is rather shocking to find how long even serious injuries take to be seen to... 2hrs for an ambulance, then 1.5 hours down a corridor, than a few more hours in a cubicle... etc etc etc... when I left Gareth was still waiting for his op and Martyn was still waiting for a bed...

I was ok while it was all happening, now I am bliddy worried
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    I didnt get out on the bike today

We had a crash at the Welsh National RR champs... so I spent the whole day and evening in A&E with Martyn and Gareth... who had fractured different bits and bobs... Was chucked out in the end, when they cottoned on I wasn't next of kin... It is rather shocking to find how long even serious injuries take to be seen to... 2hrs for an ambulance, then 1.5 hours down a corridor, than a few more hours in a cubicle... etc etc etc... when I left Gareth was still waiting for his op and Martyn was still waiting for a bed...

I was ok while it was all happening, now I am bliddy worried
    Not good news Hann, hope there okay.
    57miles for me today in the heat. Tough after the Inter County Race yesterday

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
    oh no mine looks a bit paltry compared to ady

first 50 miler, in 4:07, avg speed 12 (including stopping for water), avg moving speed 15.5, max speed 36.5

ascent 4884feet (according to garmin)

feel slightly charred!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/34244226
    excellent ratfink(charred is normal ) good effort

cheers aidy and daz for encouraging words - was pretty pleased as route included winnats pass at half way after longstone edge (and it was really hard!! loads harder than mam nick coming the other way - i had to chunk it into tiny sections - just get to that pebble etc)

Han - hope your mates are ok!!

well done emma (what poor, ie non existant, coverage of this event in our media)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...-tour-de-laude

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

well done, its a shame most of the British team was wiped out in a car accident before the race, at least they are recovering

can't believe i had another bike crash commuting and landed on my face. think my chain got stuck and jammed as i was pedalling hard and i went over the bars and landed on my top lip on the curb!! missed knocking out any teeth (one very small chip), missed smashing my nose, just a road rashed top lip that feels the size of norway (and various other cuts and bruises). worst of all i couldn't speak well enough to stop the man from the car behind from phoning an ambulance - they let me go after they checked me over.

although in retrospect it might have been an idea to go get it swabbed more thoroughly than i could bear to do (though i did my best). had some nurofen but can't really sleep for the throbbing.

i haven't been road biking long - but i've been commuting uneventfully on my mountain bike for 3 years up til now -

Oh no Ratfink Sounds horrible Hope the swelling of your lip goes down quickly and that this hasn't put you off cycling...

Have the bike looked over at a local bikeshop, because if this was caused by a mechanical, you need to make sure it doesn't happen again!
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi