Page 269 of 847 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369769 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Banned

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post

Tip of the week
    If you have a new bike. Protect it when its being stored by gong to B@Q and buying some of that grey pipe insulating stuff. Like foam.
    It comes in two sizes and last time I got some I think it was 69p a length. One size fits toptubes perfectly. The smaller size fits rear stays a treat.
    Its brilliant and your bike I guarantee will never get scratched either in the shed, garage or house. Good for when your other half DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO STAND YOU BIKE UP AND leans it on the top tube.
    STAGGER get some for your new bike mate.
    I'll get some tomorrow, cheers Daz.
    Just done 28m, bloody tough in to the head wind, only managed to average 12mph although the climb was 2700" and almost all of them were into wind.
    Enjoyed it though.

62ish miles yesterday in the head wind of doom! from my ma's, to oakworth, out to malham and up malham hill, back via goose eye. bloody dispiriting - pedalling to go downhill, getting blown 3 feet sideways when you rode past a gate. 5:20 so 11.5mph ave - poor ave speed also due to exteme caution due to current state of scabs and bruises. hope it is not windy when i have to do 100 - eep!

Master and MR

I looked at the bike today, I stroked it, I kissed it, I smiled at it, I waved at it, I closed the door on it then opened it again and had another quick look at it but I didnt ride it.
    Maybe another day.

Well done Ratfink

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    I looked at the bike today, I stroked it, I kissed it, I smiled at it, I waved at it, I closed the door on it then opened it again and had another quick look at it but I didnt ride it.
    Maybe another day.

Well done Ratfink
    Enjoyed it tho Daz!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Enjoyed it tho Daz!
    yes im just tucking the bike in
    night bike

Nice one Ratters!
    First hills for me today since February (i haven't been allowed, mind you probably still not......) Anyway, just 35 miles of concentrated pain, Bwlch, Rhigos, Bwlch in hill climbing frenzy, which inevitably led to three 40 mph descents(defo not allowed in my condidtion), but it was a gorgeous day and I couldn't resist!!! Yippee, I'm back......nearly!

I'll be untucking the bike in the morning for some 2 wheeled fun! (possibly in the rain)

nice one toffer - glad to hear you are mending!

Good ride sunday 8.00am start from Queenferry to mold follow (A5519)then A494 up the rainbow to ruthin turn left B5429 follow then right up the nant y garth pass over the horseshoe pass down into llangolen turn left just passed the bridge for Worlds end (it hurts)off to minera(B5102) then to hope A550(we all need that)back to Queensferry around 55 miles but lots of hills just under 4hrs.on a 39/52X25(very windy)
    Last edited by hairy legs; 31-05-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Good riding Ratfink! I am glad to hear I am not the only one who gets blown sideways! Thought it was me being a weakling...

Excellent news Toff, but please be careful not to overdo things... Doctors are notoriously bad patients

No riding for me today, as a rest day, but took my New Zealand friend for a walk up Pen-y-fan via the race route, then a tour of the Black Mountains
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi