Page 280 of 847 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380780 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 8461

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    I think you'll find there's not a 'few' not as common as the regular sapphire blues you get everywhere
    Em, did I read a while ago....perhaps even pre-BG that you've had your bike re-sprayed or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Em, did I read a while ago....perhaps even pre-BG that you've had your bike re-sprayed or something?

nope - it's still pink

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    I think theres another make up there called Bolan or his he a singer. Theres a few pink ones knocking about I think

Dolan maybe. Or did you already know that.

Krupesckaite has a pink Dolan Mine is blue...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Hey, that posted! I haven't been able to post on here for days...

Not sure why, but whenever I hit submit it reverst back to an empty text box of the advanced variety rather than post my quick reply

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders rambler View Post
    Dolan maybe. Or did you already know that.
    Sorry rodders it was a dig at emmas bike. Yes know Dolan bikes very well. You pass Stoke on Trent and they are everywhere. Mr Boardman did very well off Terry's bikes. They are class products but I suppose Im a bit steel tubing biased and Dolan has gone the carbon route.
    The pink Dolan is well known on the forum and Emma is a very fast roadwoman. I rode 42miles last night at 20mph and got talking to a lady bikie who I pulled back to Ambergate, Ive seen her before and she did a couple of pulls at the front. She clearly was finding it tough going on the hills but stuck at it. I asked how hard it was for her.
    The reply
    " Ive had 2 x children, riding a bike doesnt come close". I was impressed at that one. Suddenly the ache of being on a racing saddle didnt seem too bad
    Sadly I think because of time commitments a lot of woman struggle to find time to train. Running is a more time friendly sport.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Hey, that posted! I haven't been able to post on here for days...

Not sure why, but whenever I hit submit it reverst back to an empty text box of the advanced variety rather than post my quick reply
    I think the forum was being tweaked Hann

Very hot for training this week but last night was nice, not much wind. Reminded me of Blackpool and a flat calm sea.
    Have you a race this week ?

Try going in an easier gear on one of your regular climbs. Even 2 sprockets easier if you can. Get to a point up the climb whereby you can put it into the normal sprocket you use, then try a harder one say 3/4 up. You will certainly gain more than keep dropping down sprockets.
    I approach my climbs and normally just drop from the 53 to the 39 and dont normally change much on the smaller sprockets.

You sound quite experienced anyway Flopsy.
    Its strange how when you go quicker up a climb once you tend to be able to tell your mind that it can be done again.
    Experienced on a MTB but not experienced on a road bike. Only got my first ever road bike a couple of years ago!!

For some reason I don't seem able to transfer my ability on a MTB to ability on a road bike. The speed just isn't there. I can grind and keep going when I need to but can't get the speed - which I guess is something I don't need on a MTB unless I'm bombing it downhill!!

I know I have weak legs and so I guess ultimately it's about getting leg strength but I've been plagued by ill health and injury for the last 4 years and so instead of getting stronger I've been getting weaker.

I'll get there! Nothing like some Yorkshire hills to build up those legs!!!

I have been racing my socks off Daz

Between 2 50m TT's, two 25's, a two day stage race, an all female 4-up team time trial, several solo TT's, and a two up... Circuit race tomorrow night, crit on Friday, but then I have the weekend off! Still managing to go home with some spoils and pb's So not over-raced and over-trained yet! Tomorrow at midnight I shall be printing off my entryform for Three Peaks CX

I full preparation for the track champs now, at the end of July! Wibble!

Sorry rodders it was a dig at emmas bike. Yes know Dolan bikes very well. You pass Stoke on Trent and they are everywhere. Mr Boardman did very well off Terry's bikes. They are class products but I suppose Im a bit steel tubing biased and Dolan has gone the carbon route.
    The pink Dolan is well known on the forum and Emma is a very fast roadwoman. I rode 42miles last night at 20mph and got talking to a lady bikie who I pulled back to Ambergate, Ive seen her before and she did a couple of pulls at the front. She clearly was finding it tough going on the hills but stuck at it. I asked how hard it was for her.
    The reply
    " Ive had 2 x children, riding a bike doesnt come close". I was impressed at that one. Suddenly the ache of being on a racing saddle didnt seem too bad
    Sadly I think because of time commitments a lot of woman struggle to find time to train. Running is a more time friendly sport.
    Sorry Daz,i thought you might have known given your biking enthusiasm. Glad it didn't come across as patronising.

If anyone stumbles across some A1 condition second hand race wheels or some bargain new ones in the £500-600 bracket please let me know. Light and ideal for climbing to go on a road bike for my Duathlon adventure in september.

Thanks in advance.

RR