Page 3 of 846 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by skennaugh View Post
    4 hrs on the MTB (includes the daily commute) yesterday. Overslept this morning, so road bike today!
    Sadly no biking for me, had to sleep as it's payday weekend and I am working night shifts on a 4 day stint in A+E. It was manic yesterday, and I predict that it's going to get worse!!...
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

My best friend (bus to work, up coming project, most loyal love of my life so far ) has just been stolen! The police were very nonshalant (sp? sorry i'm venting rage here!).

I just hope no one else falls for my Surly cross check like i did. Oh i hope she comes back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by skennaugh View Post
    My best friend (bus to work, up coming project, most loyal love of my life so far ) has just been stolen! The police were very nonshalant (sp? sorry i'm venting rage here!).

I just hope no one else falls for my Surly cross check like i did. Oh i hope she comes back to me.
    Sorry to hear that Steve, where was it knicked from? There's a big rash of threats going on at the moment, sad that the IOM is coming to this. Don't know what is happening to the place. :-(
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

I found it this morning. the person who borrowed it obviously didn't like it.

Master and MR

65 miles in this heat
    Was okay until 8 miles from home and i was cooked. 2 cans of coke and 2x mars barzzzzzzzzzzz and i was away again.
    Kept in the big ring though even on the uphills

Master and MR

Just been trying to get bloody coke off my bars and zondas
    How come the pro's dont have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Just been trying to get bloody coke off my bars and zondas
    How come the pro's dont have this problem.
    Yeah, it gets right up your nose.

88 bumpy miles this morning at 20mph average. Excellent ride, 8 of us out, road race pace in parts, fooked now - must lie down (in the sun)

Master and MR

Well done Ady thats a good average. Im finding its taking me longer to recover from these rides. Do you take a recovery drink ???
    Im relying on coca cola whilst on the bike. Be interested in the amount of food, drink you consume for 88miles.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Well done Ady thats a good average. Im finding its taking me longer to recover from these rides. Do you take a recovery drink ???
    Im relying on coca cola whilst on the bike. Be interested in the amount of food, drink you consume for 88miles.
    Used to use PSP22 but found as long as you take on fuel you can do without it (maybe being a tight git also has a bearing). A good meal the night before def helps. Before I set off just a couple of slices of toast and 2 cups of coffee. Cafe stop at 55 miles for 50 minutes consisted of soup and granary toast & pot of tea. On the way back a couple of party size Mars bars (usually bananas but they had gone black). For liquid I set off with a litre of orange cordial which I topped up at the cafe stop so prob 1.75 litres + the tea. Was surprised how well I went as my bike mileage has just been tick over sort of stuff although up to 225 miles this week. I've used gels in the past but bananas are as good as anything (gels easier to get down when running though). Great crack at the cafe - excellent ride overall with a top speed of 52mph.