Page 370 of 847 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 8469

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Mighty apprehensive about the drive back from Holland tomorrow...

Black ice forecast for tonight and tomorrow morning and the roads were mayhem because of it this morning too...
    Drive carefully Hanneke. Must get out on the bike again once the weather improves.
    The Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step

Master and MR

I've drove back non stop from breda a few times, perhaps hann lives near there.

I used to drive all the way to the tunnel and then home that way. Done it a lot
    It was better on the ferry. When then tunnel kicked in it just made it more boring.

90 mins on the rollers again today 53 x 12 , oh eck .

Hope then trip was okay miss hanneke

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Anyone else got a thaw?

I'm gutted, I'd built up brownie points to get out on the bike today only to be struck down with a sore chest, raw throat & thumping headache. I'll be spending the day in Mrs Fellrunner's Slanket eating leftover mince pies & chocolates.

Happy miles to those of you that can get out.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Dont wait till the weather improves get out on the hills with the crosser , more fun than than rollers n turbo trainers anytime
    Attachment 4381And its good for your bike handling skills
    I might be Tup , But not too Tup to know that I am Tup:w00t:

Master and MR

A 7 mile run for me but managed 70 mins flat out on the rollers tonight as well.
    I'm hoping to get out Tomorrow for a good ride. Let's hope the weather is okay.

Maybe it won't be minus 6 , maybe the snow will have gone off the roads and hopefully a nice tail wind to blow me home.
    What gets me is though there is gonna be a definate outcome to all this cold weather.

More potholes and a general decline in the road surfaces come new year. They ain't really repaired the faults from last year.

Master and MR

Well done monkey nut. I really must get a cross bike again

Yup, victim to the worsening pave on the main road north of Cardiff today, big thaw now and the first time out in weeks and the road is even worse than ever(its always been bad, so more Paris-Roubaix type work on the Ridley). Only 26 miles, all i had time for, but at least I got out. Dank dirty and sodden, so everything cleaned, even the bike on my return. Hopefully out again at the weekend, try and catch up on the Dazzler!

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner View Post
    Anyone else got a thaw?

I'm gutted, I'd built up brownie points to get out on the bike today only to be struck down with a sore chest, raw throat & thumping headache. I'll be spending the day in Mrs Fellrunner's Slanket eating leftover mince pies & chocolates.

Happy miles to those of you that can get out.
    One away from a 'Master'!!!

Master and MR

Well done toffer

A steady 54 miles on my usual route this morning. Misty, dank, and lots of debris on the road. Quite a few roadies out as well mind.
    But even more bloody bargain sales shoppers in cars that are soooooo damm impatient.
    Nice thanks to the loscoe chilled foods truck that cut me up and turned into the entrance to his factory 2 seconds after passing me. What an idiot.
    I hope others managed a sprint. Another bike clean.

I hate it when they do that. I was going up Mottram Moor a week or so back, it was heaving so I was looking foa good (safe) line on the outside of the line of traffic, going steady, obs, lots of care and then I heard shouting from the car from behind, so I gave it back to him and he was stuffed because he kept coming past me slow and then I caught him Anyway, I was very polite but also very firm, turned out it was one of the passengers and the driver was a bit embarrassed. I think they were going to a football match. It really takes them back when you give it back to them because they expect you to tug yer forelock and know your place. Tossers.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.