Page 452 of 847 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502552 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Master and MR

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    First local Hill Climb of the season tonight... on Long Hill which is the National Course this year.
    How did it go.Saw would you believe tonight on the way back from the fell race. I kid you not a bikie on a penny farthing with lights on going up the a6. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    How did it go.Saw would you believe tonight on the way back from the fell race. I kid you not a bikie on a penny farthing with lights on going up the a6. Amazing.
    Which race were you at Daz?? I saw him as well on my way back from Bradwell. Saw him on the way out as well.

Master and MR

That parwich raceYou should do that one dom. I was travelling home about 9.30. A lovely little race, nice setting but i lost count after 20 stiles.

On a penny farthing? Could have been Doug Pinkerton???
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    How do you find spinning Daz? Would you reckon it would be good training in winter when the weather is too awful to head out? Never done it before and the nearest gym to me is a good 10 miles away... Does it add to stuff you can do on the rollers or turbo?
    I go to these really good spin classes at a place called Pedal Studio in Putney, which is geared towards cycling fitness - the instructors are riders, you wear HRMs, they target certain zones, so it's like doing a group turbo. Not many gym spin classes are like that though cos they are not really about cycling.

I know there's a place in Leeds that's similar to pedal studio - it might even have WattBikes. I reckon it's a great idea - specially for winter fitness, as you say.

They do them at the velodrome, thing is, that is a 45 minute drive for me, so if I go there I may as well hit the boards!

Master and MR

51 miles tonight and 51 mins on the rollers. Not sure how much i sweated out but im on my third can of diet coke. Very hot indeed.

I went out for a quick, hard and hilly one... 51 kms, not miles should have been 40 - 50 miles, but had forgotten I had the dentist late afternoon and wasn'yt back home till 7 pm... Just made it before dark

Seems that 50 is the theme today. A very hot 50 miles for me over some local cols, very hilly and rather a sweaty ride but worth it for the wonderful views. Planned stomp back down the valley turned into a bit of a slog then a grovel into an unexpected head wind. So got home rather more bo*****d than expected and completely out of water to find I had been locked out by the cleaner who had for some unfathomable reason put the dead lock on when she left. Nothing to do with the fact that we had sacked her this week I am sure......
    Anyway all I wanted was a can of Daz's coke!!!

Tonights ride was a hilly 10 mile time trial round our rough local country lanes,
    No fancy carbon bike for me, I did it on my all original 30 year old Olmo:thumbup:
    I might be Tup , But not too Tup to know that I am Tup:w00t: