Page 50 of 848 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

50 miles on the not so quiet lanes of Lancashire Sunday bloomin drivers!

few lumpy bits but nothing to warrant dropping from the big ring.

Ave speed 18mph.

Seeing is my ankle is not up to running I opted for the club ride this morning. Bloody cold 1st thing but soon warmed up into an el schorcio afternoon. Out to Southport on quite busy roads but back a much nicer way taking in more back lanes. Ended up coming back through the ribble vallley and in between the hedgerows it was roasting!
    Around 93 miles at 16.5 average which was slow considering the flatness of the outward route but we had a new rider with us who's previous farthest ride was 50 miles so we were being very considerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Seeing is my ankle is not up to running I opted for the club ride this morning. Bloody cold 1st thing but soon warmed up into an el schorcio afternoon. Out to Southport on quite busy roads but back a much nicer way taking in more back lanes. Ended up coming back through the ribble vallley and in between the hedgerows it was roasting!
    Around 93 miles at 16.5 average which was slow considering the flatness of the outward route but we had a new rider with us who's previous farthest ride was 50 miles so we were being very considerate.
    Surprised I didn't see you Ady, I was out that way myself, saw one large group of riders on my way home that pulled out from Tarleton way heading back to Preston and were goiing to be my ride home if the 2 sets of traffic lights hadn't been on red for AGES....left way too much of gap to the point I couldn't even see them in the distance!

Lots of riders out today although I think I was the lone female!

Definately el scorchio, glad I opted for short sleeves and the short bibs although now have even more comedy tan lines

Em, i emailed ribble cycles the other day about a road bike and they said their starting bikes with a basic set up with an alloy frame at aqround £550....gone up abit since you got yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Em, i emailed ribble cycles the other day about a road bike and they said their starting bikes with a basic set up with an alloy frame at aqround £550....gone up abit since you got yours.
    Yes...if you can wait a bit their winter 'deals' will no doubt be back on. Go down and get sized up at least then you have that info to hand as there maybe something come up 2nd hand that's too good to miss between now and then?

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Yes...if you can wait a bit their winter 'deals' will no doubt be back on. Go down and get sized up at least then you have that info to hand as there maybe something come up 2nd hand that's too good to miss between now and then?
    Oki doki.
    All i need to do now is to come up with a reason to explain to my mum why i need another bike.

Another question Em, are there any issue with taking the mudguards off the winter bikes?
    I reakon they look better without.

Lola

Al,

Image is everything.
    Take the mudguards off and you too can have the 'oh soo attractive' brown steak of damp road dirt up your ba**si*e!!

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Another question Em, are there any issue with taking the mudguards off the winter bikes?
    I reakon they look better without.

MUDGUARDS
    WTF

Ady excellent effort mate
    Well done on helping the 50mile lad.

No bike for me this weekend as my wrist is still aching very badly

Cracking 70 miles @16.3. Up into the Beacons, so half of it was uphill with one big mother of a "col".
    Awesome eyeballs out section back down to the Penderyn distillery spoilt only by being buzzed by hoardes of bl**dy motorbike morons determined on a short life