Page 532 of 847 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542582632 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Only 56m on bike and no running yet, will do a hill session tomorrow and another 15 on bike saturday to try and keep up with Steve-monster-merry-legs.
    Steve, I only use sealskin socks and they are a god send. The hat makes me over heat, buff is plenty for me.

Well done you. YOUR BG is comming nearer.
    No monster mate, can't afford 2 cars is all, Lakeland 100 this year, BG next year all being well, everything depends on how my homelife goes, drags me down sometimes.
    Hills and Guinness!

Oh dear

Set the alarm for 6.45 to get out on the bike for a couple of hours before work, but when I opened the curtains it looked cold and grim out, I also felt very tired after three very long days at the art fair, so went back to bed :w00t:

Now I am early for cycling in, so maybe I should take a scenic detour and make my commute a little longer, to make up for it...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

hour's spin on Wed eve
    two hours' last night

not bad considering I was feeling sick as a pike on Mon / Tue.

Still intending to go out on 65-mile Saturday club ride in the morning: forecast for Kent is -3....
    Could instead do the shorter, perhaps faster, 35-mile run instead, mmm ...

Zoot, what time does your club run start? I am tempted to go out with you guys for a bit tomorrow morning but... I have to be in South Ken by 11 am...

Oh and I managed to deal with my guilt via an invigorating extended commute doing my friend a favour by picking something up for her at Oxford Circus... It was rather satisfying to see the speed control signs through Oxford Street roadworks flash up saying I was doing 19 mph and later on 21 mph and then tell me off as the speed limit was 20 mph 20 ins wheels rock

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Zoot, what time does your club run start? I am tempted to go out with you guys for a bit tomorrow morning but... I have to be in South Ken by 11 am...
    well now that would be great - but your best option would be the shorter club run that leaves Herne Hill Velodrome at 09.00-09.15. That's the 35-miler and there'll be at least four groups going out tomorrow even with the weather.
    It would be just a case of finding your way back because it still goes out into the country and you would have to break off early by the sound of things.
    Am considering it myself but always try to do the longer ride which starts from Crystal Palace at 08.30 ....

Such a pity the colleague is away tomorrow, so I actually HAVE to be at the fair by 11... It would be good to have a guide out of town, for next time... Mind, if I went for the 8.30 from Crystal Palace and cut it short, that could work? Probably best not to risk things though and head for Richmond Park again...

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    well now that would be great - but your best option would be the shorter club run that leaves Herne Hill Velodrome at 09.00-09.15. That's the 35-miler and there'll be at least four groups going out tomorrow even with the weather.
    It would be just a case of finding your way back because it still goes out into the country and you would have to break off early by the sound of things.
    Am considering it myself but always try to do the longer ride which starts from Crystal Palace at 08.30 ....

-6 this morning on way to work, hands like a penguins flippers!
    Hills and Guinness!

Warmed up today in London... planned a couple of hours tomorrow, setting off at 7.45, so no Dulwich Paragons involved... then commute, so it best not be too cold!

Had to solve a puncture on my foldy tonight as well... grrrrr, ended up walking aout 3 miles in heels, as the bus wouldnt take me with the bike, not even folded up

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Hann, why would a bus not take you with your bike folded. What an arse, I'm sure if it was covered in, say, a bin-bag you'd have got it on.I've got another Ironman coming up, so I've been getting a few 3 hour rides for the last couple of months. With the weather & the fact that my mate had bought a new bike, yesterdays ride was a bit of a step up in terms of time in the saddle.Balaclava, headband, gloves(*2), tops(*3), tights(*2), cycle shorts, socks(*2), shoes, covers & off we went. Drinks had turned to sorbets within 90mins as the temperature varied between -3.2deg & +4.5deg. Thoroughly enjoyed the ride, we went over the Clwydian Range & Denbigh Moor past Llyn Brenig to Cerrigydrudion, back up the Nant-y-Garth & home. Could see Snowdonia looking white & vicious, Cader Idris, The Llantysilio Hills & The Berwyns. 78 proper winter miles on a proper winter bike. BOOM!! It wasn't fast & there was definitely no run off the back of it, I was battered when I got home. Will have to caw canny if I get out for a run this weekend.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.