Page 572 of 847 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582622672 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Banned

Re: Todays Bike Ride

28k to work this morning, on sore legs again.

How did you go Han?

Well, I have just come back from A&E, spent all day there :-O with a broken collarbone and torn rotator cuff :w00t:

But as that happened very early on in the race, and I was able to continue the 12 hours and finish 3rd again, I doubt it is very bad LOL

The A&E doc tried putting a sling on, but she didn't know how to do it, so I had to show her, then took it and said: as I need to drive to work now, I better just take it and put it on when I need it...

6 weeks rest, and physio in 2 weeks... well, errr, there is the monor matter of a 12 hour pairs race on 9 June and Mountain Mayhem 24 hrs 23/24 June... But I may just forego this Sundays road race for the sake of it...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Ouch ouch... twelve hours on a mountain bike with a broken collarbone ?!! wow that's determination. How did you crash in the first place?

Hope it heals up quickly and you can hang on to the fitness, be careful with it, I know from my own experience shoulders are effing complicated things.

Managed a 60 mile road spin myself over the Mendips and the levels before it got too hot on Saturday, then a nice sociable MTB group ride out on Exmoor yesterday, including my new favouritest bit of trail anywhere... flat out winding ribbon of singletrack down a primeval wooded valley, packed with little natural berms and kickers, straight into the river if you got it wrong

Banned

Oh dear Han.
    Rest up and listen to physio.
    Get well soon.

Elliptic, it isn't that bad... no more pain than usual anyway. I live with a chronic spinal condition that puts me in continuous pain anyway, so I am used to it I found the finger numbness more disconcerting to be honest and would not even have realised there was something amiss if it wasn't for the fingers...

Where do you live Elliptic? I sometimes go and ride in the Mendips/levels, with the lads from the suspension bridge ride in Bristol

Get well soon Hann, you are nails, well done on finishing:thumbup:
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Where do you live Elliptic? I sometimes go and ride in the Mendips/levels, with the lads from the suspension bridge ride in Bristol
    I'm in Wells just under the south slope of the Mendips...not a bad area for mountain biking as well as road riding actually, I'm involved with a couple of regular local groups though more social than racing scene. Feel free to give me a shout if you're down this way at any point

Hann is not just nails!!! You've heard of Dutch courage???
    Anyway, finally managed to get my leg slung over the new bike last saturday and got round a loop I have been coveting for a while. Starting and finishing in Monmouth, it was up to Hay on Wye the hard way (Garway and Craswall), over the Gospel Pass to Llantony and then back lanes to Abergavenny, up the Tumble and then the mountain road back to Llanover and lanes back to Monmouth.
    77 miles, 7,750 feet of climb, 17% max gradient, 5% average (!!!) 6hrs 15. Temps in mid eighties, drank LOADS but still shed 5lb. Epic.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Ohhhh, that is a LOVELY ride Wheeze

How did the new steed behave?

Needless to say I haven't been on the bike today, or yesterday, or Sunday for that matter... I can ride, but on the turbo, no handed, and don't fancy that right now. No reason why I should need to, a few days off completely isn't going to make me loose my 12 hr endurance fitness, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Hann is not just nails!!! You've heard of Dutch courage???
    Anyway, finally managed to get my leg slung over the new bike last saturday and got round a loop I have been coveting for a while. Starting and finishing in Monmouth, it was up to Hay on Wye the hard way (Garway and Craswall), over the Gospel Pass to Llantony and then back lanes to Abergavenny, up the Tumble and then the mountain road back to Llanover and lanes back to Monmouth.
    77 miles, 7,750 feet of climb, 17% max gradient, 5% average (!!!) 6hrs 15. Temps in mid eighties, drank LOADS but still shed 5lb. Epic.

My OH is having a few friends up this weekend for his Stag. Sunday is a mountain bike ride with a couple of pub visits so I went out with him tonight to check out one of the routes. His reasoning "if you can do it babe anyone can!!". Edale, hope cross, hope, Shatton, Hathersage. I'm alive but still vibrating down my spine. Tomorrow I'm getting back on me road bike for a 25ml spin out to Tideswell. I'm a road bike lass :-). Hats off to them that zip down those trails but OMG!!!!!!!